Szith: Drow City of the island of Elben Aator, a NWN2 PW set in the Forgotten Realms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Szith: Drow City of the island of Elben Aator, a NWN2 PW set in the Forgotten Realms

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
OOC Discussion
In Character Events in Szith
The Accademies
Arach Tinilith
Sorcere
Melee Magthere
Affiliates
Elben Aator
Noble Houses
Morbb'dalharen
Dev'lin
Kor'ali
Mercenary Bands
Dek'za d'Velven
Old House boards
House Mori'hyanda
House Morcane
Fallen House boards
Zau'rahel

Latest topics
» Cadence.ET.v13.10.100.Linux
Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:54 am by 

» Cadence.CONFRML.v13.10.100.Linux
Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 5:52 am by 

» Cadence.ASI.v16.62.000.Update.Only.Linux
Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 4:37 am by 

» Cadence.ADW.v16.60.015.Linux
Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 3:34 am by 

» Cadence SPB OrCAD 16.60.018
Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:28 am by 

» Cadence MMSIM v13.1 Linux
Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:23 am by 

» Cadence MMSIM v13.1 Linux
Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:23 am by 

» Cadence ASI 16.62 Win64
Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 11:07 pm by 

» Building for s New Server
Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:41 pm by Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 168 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:15 pm

Szith & Dragons WTH

Go down 
+5
GenocideMode
Mr_Otyugh
Vilmiathien
Qilintha Dev'Lin
Daggoth65
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Daggoth65

Daggoth65

Szith & Dragons WTH Empty
PostSubject: Szith & Dragons WTH   Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 9:25 pm

okay i honestly nearly quit today but decided to at least make a post on this here before making up my mind on things, I've realized its apparently been going on a long time but why the hell is there apparently a Black Dragon playing body guard in Szith? a Dragon would never honestly lower itself to be 'controlled' by anyone and apparently has had a number of half dragon children within the city too....

Which bring another thing, the Drow have always enforced Purity of their race, by killing or enslaving any 'impure' Drow,which is one of the main reasons there are extremely few Drow Sorcerers and all the half-drow are pretty much all on the surface. the exceptions being the draegoloth which is a blessing from lolth, and Ched Nesad which was being taken over by Half-Shadow Dragons

furthermore, i just ran into another Dragon who was lvl 5 i think (very difficult to a lvl 3) who apparently owns some female, as she called him master, which would come off as Blasphemous since NO MALE WHATEVER RACE IS ABOVE A FEMALE especially a NON-Drow in drow society furthermore, he goes from a whopping 20hp to 145 when he turns into a dragon, which is ridiculous honestly, if it was just a cosmetic change i wouldn't have nearly as much of a problem with it but all this stuff which is blatantly against Drow and Dragon Lore it just bothers me seriously.

I love Dragons, And Drow, I've been playing Drow since my first char back on nwn1 and in PnP there great, I've even played a Dragon before on nwn and loved it but with how this is its just way out of hand IMO....
Back to top Go down
Qilintha Dev'Lin

Qilintha Dev'Lin

PostSubject: Re: Szith & Dragons WTH   Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 9:50 am

I can't remember the whole story behind it but the lvl three is the drow version of his other char lvl 29 (which has come about to be a servant of Szith, Vilm imparticular so I hear) . The Ilharesses all decided that the PC surfacer (rather than being in dragon form all the time) was causing an uproar and so asked him to make a drow char, it's just a case of him leveling it up to continue his RP without any hitches..

With regards to dragons, I completely agree... But then, like I said, I don't know the whole story or how it came about and IC my character isn't quite going to question Mori'hyanda or Vilm on it just yet, being a new Ilharess, she'd rather keep them sweet.
Back to top Go down
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

PostSubject: Re: Szith & Dragons WTH   Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 11:43 am

LOL

Yeah, RP with Renor has been going on a long time, since before I got here. Renor did spawn some half/dragon children with the old Il'haress of Mori, which of course did not fly to well, she is no longer Il'haress. She also played one of the children, and the other child played by a friend of mine, decided in the end that he did not like the idea of playing a drow half breed, even a dragon one. (as he agreed with it as much as I did)

In a way Renor serves but in a way he does not, he is not exactly a rothe. Think of it more of a rub my back I rub yours situation. Renor has a special taste for Drow females, and I do not mean eating. He serves them for his own reasons, not because he "has" to. As you rp with him, you will see.

As far as ordering the female goes that is touchy, the female that was being ordered is technically not a female, though I will speak to him in regards to this, because it is a valid point, we would not allow him to even appear to order a drow female so I'll try to fix it as best as I can tonight if I can catch Renor on before or after Heroes (cant miss my show, lol)

As far as playing a dragon, Renor got permission from Hari along time ago as I understand it. When I dm'd paper and pencil I learned a lesson about letting people play dragons, and that is you don't, lol. Dragons technically lvl based on age and require larger and larger hordes to age (according to the old rules in 2nd ed, not sure about third, but I imagine they are not much differen). Not my game, not my house rules, Renor can be a lot of fun to game with too.

I am unsure, but there is rp between Renor and the Demonwebs as well though I am not entirely sure where that comes from. He is one of Vil's guards and has an oddly close relationship with her, or rather as close as you can get to a porcupine.
Back to top Go down
https://szithcity.aforumfree.com
Daggoth65

Daggoth65

PostSubject: Re: Szith & Dragons WTH   Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 3:52 pm

my problem is though if he was remaking him, he should have to wait till epic again to have the dragon shape seriously, and if he had a widget it should give him all the insane stats it does at such a low level I've read over the wish forum and seen tons of ppl denied for dragon widgets that just changed appearance without stats just for RP and here he has one that give full stats and massive HP bonus is not only blatantly favoritism but also Overpowering
Back to top Go down
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

PostSubject: Re: Szith & Dragons WTH   Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:27 pm

So the issue has more to with his drow form then anything else it seems. You see he is not remaking the char, for rp purposes he made a drow char and was given the widget (dont know much about the widget, as far as who gave it to him and so on and so forth, though probably Hari by my guess). I don't understand why the team hasn't simply allowed him to lvl the char upto where he should be for rp and mechanics purposes. The drow form was also something done shortly before he left a couple of months back, he had been playing the dragon for a lot longer.

Technically he does not play this drow bic as a char, but a form of his main char, hence why he is still low lvl. He doesn't really go out xp hunting with this char, he just uses him to rp in Szith basically. Give him a chance, you will see why he is allowed to play what he plays, he is quite possibly one of the best rp'rs on this server and judging by the sentiment I caught from the replys to your post on the TFR boards, lol, many who have played with him feel the same a I.

Trust me oh god of the cycle Wink.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Otyugh

Mr_Otyugh

PostSubject: Re: Szith & Dragons WTH   Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:47 pm

Here's the story of Eyruaad/Renor Maelthra/whatever-the-drow-character-name-is:

At first he started as Aasimar druid (game mechanically), he asked NO special treatment or anything, only asked for permission to play dragon and only would use dragon shape (that epic druid feat) for it. So that was the origin... he started in surface, played as surfacers... encounters drow... drow kidnap him and take to Szith... time passes by.. surfacers comes in and rescues him.. he's back to being surfacer again... then drow come and kidnap him again... sorta rag-doll thrown back and forth thing, but since he was still low level and not able to transform to dragon for 'real' he needed to grind... and grind... and grind a long time takes to get to level 30, but then since he's black/onyx (not certain yet) dragon, he's being used for several plots in underdark for own purposes to gain power... but of course since his humanoid form was Aasimar and pale skinned it was bound to create problems...

He wishes for drow widget, it was approved, but due to game mechanics, not possible to make, at least so far. Then he made new drow character to RP as if shapechanging to drow instead of human to avoid those problems... now problem was, he couldn't shapechange to dragon again and you betcha... grinding new character to level 30 just to get dragon shape to RP a drow... great fun. Now the widget kicks in... since that character is not meant to really level at all.

It is not just "I wants to get huge stats" thing, rather not wanting to grind.
Back to top Go down
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

PostSubject: Re: Szith & Dragons WTH   Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 5:59 pm

Didn't know the whole back story, lol. Eyruaad is an Onyx dragon actually Smile
Back to top Go down
GenocideMode

GenocideMode

PostSubject: Re: Szith & Dragons WTH   Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 10:21 pm

hehe I must say he has some good RP i give creds to that
but he plays a onyx dragon with divine ties and Rizzen once found his heart and turned him into a dracolich Smile
Back to top Go down
Kethri

Kethri

PostSubject: Re: Szith & Dragons WTH   Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 2:52 pm

About the halfbread thing being an abomination and such. What about matrons and their taste for demons? Are not the offspring considered gifts from lolth?
Back to top Go down
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

PostSubject: Re: Szith & Dragons WTH   Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 9:05 pm

If you are referring to Draegloths I believe the mating of Priestesses and demons is part of a ritual to Lolth, and if she is pleased, she allows the child...to be special Smile. At least that is the impression I received about them.
Back to top Go down
adzling

PostSubject: Re: Szith & Dragons WTH   Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:40 am

what vilm said.

certain demons are aligned with lolth, dragons are not.
Back to top Go down
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

PostSubject: Re: Szith & Dragons WTH   Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:07 am

Typically...nothing is impossible, just extremely rare
Back to top Go down
Kethri

Kethri

PostSubject: Re: Szith & Dragons WTH   Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:13 pm

Is the dragon in question at least evil? He is a black dragon afterall.
Back to top Go down
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

PostSubject: Re: Szith & Dragons WTH   Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 3:09 pm

Actually, he is an Onyx Dragon, one of the Gem breeds, they tend towards Neutrality, though I think Onyx may typically be NE, though i am unsure.

Alignment is kind of a moot thing here IMO, anyplace that allows for you to make LE char that worships a surface god, but allows you to rp that you worship Lolth and are chaotic evil, despite what your char sheet says (I should know I made one when i found out it was allowed lol) shows they do not put a lot of stock in alignment.

By his rp demeanor, I would guess he plays NE in his own right, possibly even LE. Though A LE char around a city of Chaos does not seem right, and he is not quite greedy enough to be NE. Then again, alignment is more of a guideline. Lol, if he is not evil, I would encourage DM's to give him Evil points quickly, because by now he is wholly corrupted Twisted Evil

Also as a rule of thumb, I try to avoid asking what people alignments are. A left over from my PNP days, around our table we considered rude to ask eacht others alignment ooc, or IC. I carried with me into PWs, so I have never asked him, lol.

HEHe, I remember in NWN1 when the DM spawned a bunch of Solars on a party my 38th lvl drow high priestess was running with, they asked her weather she was good or evil, she answered with a hellball....
Back to top Go down
vald

PostSubject: Re: Szith & Dragons WTH   Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:53 pm

Heck vald is a druid with dragon shape but prefer phase spider shape since i rp him as an aracnomancer
Back to top Go down
GeeFresh

GeeFresh

PostSubject: Re: Szith & Dragons WTH   Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:17 am

GenocideMode wrote:
he plays a onyx dragon with divine ties and Rizzen once found his heart and turned him into a dracolich Smile

And after the Morcanes put the effort in we stole him Smile
Back to top Go down
GenocideMode

GenocideMode

PostSubject: Re: Szith & Dragons WTH   Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:28 am

GeeFresh wrote:
GenocideMode wrote:
he plays a onyx dragon with divine ties and Rizzen once found his heart and turned him into a dracolich Smile

And after the Morcanes put the effort in we stole him Smile

Actually no it didnt happen like that, it took divine divine intervention to free his soul from Rizzen Smile

Refure to The Chronicles of Rizzen Morcane / Rizzen and Renor in Heliopolis
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Szith & Dragons WTH   Szith & Dragons WTH Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Szith & Dragons WTH
Page 1 of 1