What is Melee Magthere?
The Melee Magthere (MM), or Drow Academy of Melee, is the place where all free Drow train, and develop their combat skills and competences.
There are no requirements to join the academy other than being a Drow and being free -free as not being a rothe (slave). Drow rothe will have to follow a different protocol to join -for more information see below.
The Head of Melee Magthere is the Headmaster of the School, the Warlord or Ul'Saruk. The Ul'Saruk is a highly respected figure of Drow society. She has the right to participate in the Drow City Council and is in charge for all students and Masters of the academy within its borders. The current Headmaster of Melee Magthere is Ul'Saress Eleuthera Morcane.
Dogma of Melee Magthere
Melee Magthere is a faithful servant of Lloth, the Valsharess and the City Council of Szith.
Hierarchy and Circles of Study
The Melee Magthere has five titles associated with it: Wanre, Sargtlin, Draada, Sutrino and Ul'Saruk.
Wanre: All new recruits will be classified as Wanre and will attend the first circle of Studies.
Sargtlin: All Wanre who have graduated from the first circle of studies will receive the rank of Sargtlin, and attend the second circle of studies.
Draada: All Sargtlinen who have graduates from the second circle of studies will receive the rank of Draada, and attend the third circle of studies. Draada are eligible to teach Wanre, up to the level of Sargtlin.
Sutrino: Sutrino are the masters of the academy, and well respected figures of Drow society. They have received thorough education in all types of combat, they are eligible to teach Wanre and Sartlin, up to the level of Draada.
Sutrino need to graduate the third and hardest circle of studies. Most Drow will never reach this level. Sutrino are nominated directly by the Headmaster of the School.
Basic Laws of the Academy of Melee
(Strictly within its borders)
I. Laws regarding the behaviour of members of the academy towards Drow guests, or guests who wish to join.
- All the titles mentioned above are valid strictly within the borders of the Academy of Melee, and NOT in the entire Drow society.
- All students or Masters of Melee Magthere must respect and bow to all highly prominent members of Drow society like Yathrinen, or members of nobility, who wish to attend the academy.
- All Drow, who wish to attend the lectures of the Melee Magthere and become students, must start from the level of Wanre regardless their title in Drow society.
- All Drow, regardless their title in Drow society who wish to attend the courses of Melee Magthere must respect its laws. Incompliance with the rules of the school may lead to permanent ban from the lectures.
- Commoners of Drow society who do not wish to become students are kindly requested not to attend the Melee Magthere during the class as guests, unless invited by a Sutrino or Ul'Saruk.
If they do, they will be required to stay quiet, and respect the academy.
- Rothe (Slaves) who wish to join the academy for training must bring a letter from their Master explicitly requesting to train the rothe to the UlíSaruk. The Master will hold responsibility for any indiscretions of the Rothe within the academy.
A Rothe will never receive any title associated with the academy.