Szith: Drow City of the island of Elben Aator, a NWN2 PW set in the Forgotten Realms

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Navigation
OOC Discussion
In Character Events in Szith
The Accademies
Arach Tinilith
Sorcere
Melee Magthere
Affiliates
Elben Aator
Noble Houses
Morbb'dalharen
Dev'lin
Kor'ali
Mercenary Bands
Dek'za d'Velven
Old House boards
House Mori'hyanda
House Morcane
Fallen House boards
Zau'rahel

Latest topics
» Desirs Noirs - Belle Comme Le Diable
Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:47 pm by cheyajays

Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:47 pm by cheyajays

Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:12 am by cheyajays

Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:05 pm by cheyajays

Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:12 pm by cheyajays

» 2011 Gmc Denali Stereo Wiring Diagram Rar
Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:31 am by cheyajays

» Office 2013 Dutch Rtm Torrent Torrent Download 1
Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:05 am by cheyajays

» Cube World Cd Key Generator
Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:11 pm by cheyajays

» Cube World Cd Key Generator
Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:09 pm by cheyajays

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:09 am

Share | 

Hargluk Nadorhuanen! //dwarf cowards// Attack on Stonebar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

PostSubject: Hargluk Nadorhuanen! //dwarf cowards// Attack on Stonebar   Wed May 20, 2009 11:57 pm

Link below to TRF forums

http://forgottenrealm.ca/forum/index.php?topic=6594.0

Quote :
l' hargulken ph' yibin!

The surface dwarves are weak! Now is the time to strike! This last cycle in the underdark outpost of Qo's a battle of blades was held, and during this battle a hargulk faern refused to face the challenge of a M'elzar d'Szith! Quick this hargulk was to offer battle against once who could naut resist his foul stolen magics, but when offered an equal challenge, within the agreed rules of the contest, his true colors were shown! Yellow his cape was well suited to his pathetic yellow soul! l' hargulken ph' yibin! Now is the time to strike! Bring the rightful vengeance of Lolth upon them! Lets us destroy their pitiful city!

Lolth tlu Malla !

*after pining the inflammatory unsigned notice, and preparing to copy it magically to be post about Szith and Norogh-Dun, Raye'Kan enjoyed an inner smile at the pleasure he felt watching the self claimed Illharess Isandra Dev'Lin being felled by the dwarf wizards spells. The dwarf's further refusal to accept an open challenge from an equally skilled mage, was just too perfect. A wonderful opportunity and could not be passed upon. After the dwarves destroyed the old duergar city, it was just this sort of event that could be used to motivate an attack on the surface dwarves home. A perfect opportunity to sunder and take their gathered wealth, weapons and most importantly, spells*

// this is in response to a DM event, and is an official request to conduct a raid on Stonebar. During the event the new, and presently arguable, Illharess Dev'Lin was defeated by a Bygby's hand (very much within the rules of the event) and is being used as an excuse for attacking Stonebar. The dwarf's refusal to an equal duel (as allowed for by the rules of the event) is being used as further proof of their 'weakness' (at least in the twisted drow mind lol). DM-Tango was over seeing the event, and was in support of the excuse for a raid, as well as having a raid itself, but wished to have other staff members brought in before proceeding in hopes of this becoming a bigger event.//

// with the regular stripping of Szith and Norogh-Dun mines by surface dwarves in addition to the history of the destruction of the old duergar city, maybe it's time for the surface folks to get a new dwarf city, if the staff is interested and willing to support this //
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malcolm Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Hargluk Nadorhuanen! //dwarf cowards// Attack on Stonebar   Thu May 21, 2009 9:12 am

As soon as Grillith saw the message his his eyes flickered and his hatred for the hargluken filled his heart again.
Xas let us raid the city and leave non alive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BladeChill

PostSubject: Re: Hargluk Nadorhuanen! //dwarf cowards// Attack on Stonebar   Thu May 21, 2009 1:10 pm

Xas lets see if the hargluken like us visiting their territory as much as they seem to enjoy mining ours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dekzadvelven.darkbb.com
Elrond 23

PostSubject: Re: Hargluk Nadorhuanen! //dwarf cowards// Attack on Stonebar   Thu May 21, 2009 5:38 pm

Usstan is ready!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

PostSubject: Re: Hargluk Nadorhuanen! //dwarf cowards// Attack on Stonebar   Fri May 22, 2009 5:24 pm

// This suggested raid is being discussed by the DM staff, with a note of "doubtful" attached. So once again, between seeing a DM lead surfers into low level drow hunting grounds (and calling it an 'event' while playing his non-dm character), and watching surface players strip every mine in the underdark each time they re-spawn without consequences, I am not hopeful that this event will be allowed (yet alone be allowed to be successful) //

// Anyone ever get the feeling that there really is no reason for the surface to be afraid of the the UD 'bad guys'? Forgive me, I am just very frustrated right now //
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lomir

PostSubject: Re: Hargluk Nadorhuanen! //dwarf cowards// Attack on Stonebar   Sun May 24, 2009 10:07 am

\\ imagine how Gothic Maruader felt when mucking about then getting 3 day ban? now that player is gone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ReapermanAUS

PostSubject: the raid   Tue May 26, 2009 12:35 am

////it was a farce ll those surfacers on their 30th lvls just standing there all buffed up no way should we every try that again may as well have just sat in szith and rped ,the time it took to be metagamed by all the others that arrived after the crash all fully buffed and then dms saying we all had to rp or get swatted and then Eric's Balor coming down the hill in middle of rp to start the battle without any consequeses to the surfacers we could have gotten alot more xp just standing around in a big group rping which is what it was abbout baahh the only way we can do a raid is without a time and place being broadcast to the server we are drow not a horde of mongol warriors seen coming because of the dust they bring with them. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shriae'dia

PostSubject: Re: Hargluk Nadorhuanen! //dwarf cowards// Attack on Stonebar   Tue May 26, 2009 7:43 am

Quote :
\\ imagine how Gothic Maruader felt when mucking about then getting 3 day ban? now that player is gone

*coughs* maybe a bit off-topic, but if you want to mention his ban we can talk about this. His ban had many different reasons. The DM staff doesnt ban a player because of ONE mistake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lomir

PostSubject: Re: Hargluk Nadorhuanen! //dwarf cowards// Attack on Stonebar   Tue May 26, 2009 7:50 am

\\Svener... Won't need too, that player is gone for good from what I hear.

\\ Reaper... thats how every raid has gone... server "crashes" then more surfacers rock up to the party or mysteriously port in during combat etc. None of them woulda known about a raid had a DM not shouted it or had it been posted etc... It is always bs hence why I don't bother about trying to do them. Kinda pointless and I bet Raduguer didn't have any defenders when that happened...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shriae'dia

PostSubject: Re: Hargluk Nadorhuanen! //dwarf cowards// Attack on Stonebar   Tue May 26, 2009 8:30 am

Quote :
It is always bs hence why I don't bother about trying to do them. Kinda pointless and I bet Raduguer didn't have any defenders when that happened...

//and again you have missed the other side. I remember drow raids when drow rested very 3 min although they were in hostile theritory and more and more drow player ported from Szith to the battle ground, who had no idea where they are.

The drow raid wasnt successful...and now? Why dont you try to use this as advantage for your character instead of whining about the results?

I myself really dont care if drow have lost the battle or not. My character will use this lost as opportunity and blame the responisble leader. The player, who try to plot a rebellion can use this as well.

Quote :
I bet Raduguer didn't have any defenders when that happened..

If I remember right some drow have supported the defense, but whats the point here? After the destruction of the city duegar recieved a new city and their community was stronger than before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vilmiathien
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hargluk Nadorhuanen! //dwarf cowards// Attack on Stonebar   Wed May 27, 2009 11:12 am

Quote :
I remember drow raids when drow rested very 3 min although they were in hostile theritory and more and more drow player ported from Szith to the battle ground, who had no idea where they are.

The past should not be repeated in the future....Sorry Shriae, but just because our predecessors did wrong in the past does not mean others now have the right to do it to the rest of us. I always find it funny how people bring up the past, most of us were not here for that stuff. We should not, and will not pay for the sins of our predecessors.

I was there, it was in a word....crap.

Everything went awesome until the crash. No matter how you argue, there were issues that were bogus:

1. The surface players did not rp as we all were told to by the DM's. I broke ranks with a few other players and moved forward to try and rp with them, giving them terms etc, to try and create rp banter between us. To avoid senseless PVP as we were instructed (not that us drow really needed that instruction)

They did not rp, no one approached us, instead we address an angry mob, who makes no IC sense to be there. Before the crash we ran into 3 people, and there may have been more spread out, however after crash there were tons, people who I am quite certain were not in the area before the crash. They would not rp, and nothing was done about it.

2. Raids should not be announced so publicly, to avoid gripe, DM"S involved should speak with combative parties in tells, not shouts so the whole server comes "running to the DM event" this could also have had a hand in the crash. DM shouts, lots of people begin to zone, and there allready a lot of people zoneing who are allready involved. This produces heavy lag, and crashes.

We are not upset because we lost, Shriae, we are upset because we were given rules of engagement by the game referees and they did not enforce those rules. We are also upset because after server crash tons of people showed up who should not have been there, that was clear, and still nothing done, not even a shout that said if you weren't involved before crash, then you are not involved now.

All in all I am against these types of raids anyway, and feel they should be smaller attacks on groups of people out hunting (with OOC permissions of course from both parties) not settlements, despite how angry we are with them IC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://szithcity.aforumfree.com
Vilmiathien
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hargluk Nadorhuanen! //dwarf cowards// Attack on Stonebar   Wed May 27, 2009 11:54 am

*sigh*All in all what is done has been done. I think we are all a little wiser now, and next time things will go smoother, win or loose. All we can do with this thread now, is argue over what happened, and what could or should have happened. I see no sense in continuing it.

This thread will be locked and we will just rack this up as a learning experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://szithcity.aforumfree.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hargluk Nadorhuanen! //dwarf cowards// Attack on Stonebar   

Back to top Go down

Hargluk Nadorhuanen! //dwarf cowards// Attack on Stonebar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1