Szith: Drow City of the island of Elben Aator, a NWN2 PW set in the Forgotten Realms

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Navigation
OOC Discussion
In Character Events in Szith
The Accademies
Arach Tinilith
Sorcere
Melee Magthere
Affiliates
Elben Aator
Noble Houses
Morbb'dalharen
Dev'lin
Kor'ali
Mercenary Bands
Dek'za d'Velven
Old House boards
House Mori'hyanda
House Morcane
Fallen House boards
Zau'rahel

Latest topics
» Desirs Noirs - Belle Comme Le Diable
Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:47 pm by cheyajays

Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:47 pm by cheyajays

Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:12 am by cheyajays

Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:05 pm by cheyajays

Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:12 pm by cheyajays

» 2011 Gmc Denali Stereo Wiring Diagram Rar
Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:31 am by cheyajays

» Office 2013 Dutch Rtm Torrent Torrent Download 1
Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:05 am by cheyajays

» Cube World Cd Key Generator
Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:11 pm by cheyajays

» Cube World Cd Key Generator
Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:09 pm by cheyajays

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:09 am

Share | 

Crushed in defeat!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

PostSubject: Crushed in defeat!   Sat May 23, 2009 12:36 pm

// results of the failed attack on Stonebar on 5/23/09 //

Crushed in defeat!

Raye’Kan laid bleeding form the heavy wound that cleaved torso, his shoulder and left arm barely remaining attached after the impressive blow from the rivvil’s greatsword. Unable to speak, as his shadow blood evaporated in the bright surface sunlight, he is left with the bitter memory of some unknown creature’s mocking laughter.

The shade lay there, helpless, and eventually ignored. His blackened shadow-stuff body slowly fading, melting away, forcing him, banning him back to the Plane of Shadow. Unable to die, but now unable to return, he would begin to slowly heal. Or at least his body would, his spirit, if even he still had one in the traditional Elvin sense of the word, would now be torn like his battered fading body.

Tied to the Plane of Shadow, now imprisoned, banned from entering the Prime. Like other extraplaner creatures, Raye’Kan is forced to wait, plot and scheme, until that cycle when some other summons him home . . .

// if there is a caster out there interested in summoning Raye, send me a PM, might be fun for someone to have a ‘pet shade’ at their beck and call. If not, I’ll be putting him on ice for a few weeks before returning him to the Prime. Oh – an just a general thanks to everyone who joined the attack and defense of Stonebar – Great Event – //
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elrond 23

PostSubject: Re: Crushed in defeat!   Sat May 23, 2009 2:12 pm

//Sorry I was unable to continue after the server crash. I did however get a screen shot of some of the raiding party on thier way to Stonebar//

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

PostSubject: Re: Crushed in defeat!   Wed May 27, 2009 1:11 pm

// thanks for the pic, after the server crash, when we came back, pretty much the whole surface showed up to stomp on us, instead of the fairly even numbers you can see here in the above picture. though we lost, it was still a good effort and turn out. after months of being beat on by the surface, it was good for us to fight back a little //
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

PostSubject: Banished in the Plane of Shadow   Wed May 27, 2009 1:12 pm

*Alone, in the dark of Shadow, Raye’kan sits among the ruin. He cannot lean back on the chair beneath him, it's back broken away. The make-shift desk in front of him is not level, it’s legs procured from mismatching crates.*

*Shadows dance violently about the room as Raye’kan’s body remains still. The Master of Illusions seethes in anger.*

*One word circles again and again through his mind, berating him, mocking his choice to become a shade. Banishment! Banishment! Banishment!*

*The shade’s arm flings out before him, calling the portal, as he has done so many times before. Shadows freeze. Nothing more.*

*His arm slowly returns to the uneven desktop, as the shadows begin to swirl again. His body reunited, his mind whole and filled with arcane power. Useless power, for in the wasteland that was once his former Master’s home, there is little to nothing. Only the rotted noose hanging above his head. The reminder in the silence . . . *

“Immortal, and BANISHED!”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elrond 23

PostSubject: Re: Crushed in defeat!   Wed May 27, 2009 2:41 pm

Raye'Kan Dev'Lin wrote:
// thanks for the pic, after the server crash, when we came back, pretty much the whole surface showed up to stomp on us, instead of the fairly even numbers you can see here in the above picture. though we lost, it was still a good effort and turn out. after months of being beat on by the surface, it was good for us to fight back a little //

//yeah, saw that coming after the dm annoiunced to the whole server about the drow *surprise" attack//
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

PostSubject: To Summon and Bind a Shade   Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:52 pm

// Vendui all,
As some of you may know, Raye’kan Dev’lin was killed on the surface a couple of weeks back, and in dieing there, he reformed on his native Plane of Shadow. As part of the fun of role-playing him as extra planer creature, I have put the limitations on him similar to other extra planer creatures. Aka – when killed n the Prime Material Plane, he is forced back to his home Plane of Shadow, unable to return until he is summoned by a native of the Prime. //

// A couple of folks have taken interest in re-summoning the shade for their own purposes, and through a few conversations with other players (mainly Vin’del who has been extremely helpful) I’ve come up with what feels like a good set of RP guide lines for handling this idea. Lord knows, Raye is pretty easy to kill if you get close to him, so I’m betting this re-summons will happen a few more times in the future (besides, who wouldn’t want a lv30 mage in their pocket from time to time). //

// So here’s the basics one would need to summon Raye’kan the shade //

Summoning
1 – A caster capable of casting a “Gate” spell (9th level spell for both divine and arcane)
2 – Personal knowledge of Raye’kan, including knowing that Raye was killed

Commanding a Service
1 – Summon Raye’kan in such a way that he cannot easily escape (just like a devil or demon)
2 – Offering Raye’kan a ‘deal’ for his freedom – aka a contract between the Shade and the Summoner along the lines of “I give you your freedom to enter the Prime Material Plane in exchange for (insert what you want). If Raye’kan agrees to the ‘deal’ he has to fulfill it, or die trying. Word to the wise here, be careful and specific, Raye has a natural intelligence in the 30’s in addition to being the Master of Illusions for Szith, so he will likely twist the deal to his advantage as best he can (hello? Drow after all don’cha know =)

Binding for Long Term Service
1 – Summon Raye’kan in such a way that he cannot easily escape
2 – Use his True Name to bind him to the Summoner until his next death. Again, word to the wise, be careful what you wish for =)

// All in all I hope this adds a fun element to Szith’s rp community as well as the surface, should someone take the time or stumble upon Raye’kan’s weakness from “F’n up” by becoming a shade //

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ReapermanAUS

PostSubject: A Summoning   Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:19 pm

Vin'del paces up and down outside the Masters of Schools offices he has Checked them and the Archmages Quatters over and over again but None have been seen in over Three Tendays. He calls for apprentices and to Run to the Houses and Gather Information on all the Masters Of Schools. Time Passses A report From all The Quellars Report than Rizzen and Raye'Kan Had been destroyed upon the Surface.

Well good Riddance to the all too Absent when he was here Archmage f,but as to the Master of Illusion now that was a Loss that was unacceptable. Musing on Moriand's words to Mel'etar when he traveled to the Main Land that told of Rizzens Broken Pylactry Vin'del casts a Spell to break the Wards on The Office Of illusion's Master,they crumble at the Greater Diispelling. After using a Lens Of Detection to check for any traps he enters the Office in search of some personel Items of the Shade for his attempt to summon the one Master that Vin'del would Trust(such a strange word) not to try a Over Throw The New Archmage Of Szith Vin'del Kor'ali.

/////could a dm be present fior the summoning of The Shade to check my Spellcraft to retrieve him from the Plane Of Shadows just incase I roll way too low in which case another quest of some sort needs to be completed to continue on this course and if Rizzen Reads this sry dude you have been way to absent to hold that position and my plot to get rid of you couldnt really continue when you are already Dead and gone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

PostSubject: Re: Crushed in defeat!   Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:42 pm

// Vin and I touched base in tells, we are looking to do this on Monday June 8th, time TBA //
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GenocideMode

PostSubject: Re: Crushed in defeat!   Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:27 pm

//thats not a prob I know I havent had much time for nw2 and more but in order for you to take arch you will need to defeat rizz on a one on one under a DM event or have the councle take a vote as stated per this Saterdays OOC talks. Personly I belive you will have a better time trying to get the vote rather than the deul do to not showing much any more in TFR. Got alot of issues iRF that im having to deal with and no time to very little time in scheduling events with DMs now. but what every you want ill try to work it in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

PostSubject: Re: Crushed in defeat!   Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:39 pm

*Standing in the Planer Gates Chamber of the Szith Sorciere and Wearing his most powerful spellcasting magical items, Vin’del Kor’ali casts the first spell, causing the circle of power inscribed on the floor to glow with power*

*Looking through the open Planer Gate Door to the Shadow Plane Gate room, he is satisfied that the wards will hold. A discarded ring of hiding taken from the Master of Sorciere’s office held in his own hand, Vin’del gates the Gate spell, opening the portal, calling forth the shades common name*

“Jabbuk M'elzar d' Illusions Raye'Kan Dev'Lin!”

*In the Plane of Shadow, there is a ripple in the fabrics of the planes before Raye’Kan Dev’Lin the shade*

*Back on the Prime, and voice from the dark is heard*

“Vendui, and to whom is it that draws ussta attention?”

“Usstan tlun Vin'del Kor'ali, Jabbuk M'elzar d' Necromancy” Vin’del answers in return

“Are dos now?” Whispers out of the darkness as shadows skip and jump around the edges of the gate

“If dos are Vin’del, then dos will be able to answer three questions to confirm dosst identity”

“Ask!” Proud and confident Vin’del answers

*The quite emotionless voice continues*

“Who was it that administered dosst tests to enter the Sorciere?”

“Jabbuk M’elzar Vindel Morcance” Vin’del answers with a slight smile “Usstan past all but three questions one on dosst own school”

“And what was Vindel Morcane’s area of study?” The shade’s voice asked next

“Morcane is but a Transmuter, Usstan is a Necromancer” Vin’del states full of pride

“Hmm. . . “ The shade pauses, as he smiles to himself as he readies to remind the younger mage of his quellar’s short comings with a question from before his time

*Chuckling* And who was the Illharess of dosst queller that attacked me, leading to her own demise?

*There is a long pause as Vin’del Kor’ali struggles to remember his Quellar’s history*

“Usstan was naut on the prime material at that time but in the Land called Barovia rulled by a Vampire but usstan would guess it was my mother’s sister, Matron Vorne”

“Bwael,” *the shade laughs* “Two answers dos would know, answered correctly, and one that dos could naut know, guessed correctly”

“Dos are Vin’del”

*Believing that the summoner is the ambitious Vin’del Kor’ali, he steps through the Gate and into the warded summoning circle*

*Seeing his success at summoning the shade and trapping him within the circle, Vin’del brags* “Bweal, there will soon be a new Archmage and Usstan will need Masters to run the Schools”

“Dos needs masters?”

“Usstan and dos are the only ones left”

“What of Rizzen?”

“He was here, Usstan knows naut why he declined my invitation to fight, but said it was up to the Council d’Illharessen”

“Interesting . . . “ *Raye’Kan answers, thinking to himself that the young necromancer was lucky at best*

*Raye’Kan looks about, seeing that he stands within a summoning circle, trapped by it’s magic. His voice remains cool, polite, emotionless*

“An interesting greeting, for a needed Jabbuk M’elzar? Do dos intend to leave me here within this circle?”

*Vin’del smiles* “Usstan has taken steps to make sure dos are loyal, that is all.”

*Vin’del begins casting the spell Geas*

“Usstan will have dos help protect the Alliance against any and all that would break it even dos own Illharess. If the duergar alliance is broken we will all likely fall.”

*Vin’del squeezes the Ring of Hiding in the palm of his hand, keeping it hidden from the shade*

“So as to that, dos will tell me of any plans, but only it is only this matter that usstan cares about. Usstan does not if dos are to attack ussta quellar, that is naut why I have called dos back”

*Looking to muddle the waters of the spell, and knowing that when he was last on the Prime his present Illharess was positioned to fall, Raye’Kan asks*

“Malla Illharess Isandra? Now, would that naut be the actions of a heretic to naut obey her? Let us be clear and specific”

*shadows twitch within the confining wards*

“In exchange for allowing me my freedom, dos wishes for me to support the Alliance with the Duergar, even if countermanded to do so by Ilharess Isnadra Dev’Lin? That is all?”

*Distracted by the implication of heretical actions, Vin’del answers*

“Ussta does naut want dos to betray dosst quellar, just to inform me of any plans to break that which Uthaltaller has decreed”

*Then quickly, having noticed his mistake*

“Any Illtharesse as long as the decree stands that is all”

*Raye’Kan smiles, thinking that perhaps this Vin’del does show some promise*

*The shade asks, seeking to limit the geas*

“And this applies to the decree of alliance with the duergar alone?”

*Vin’del answers opening, bareing the truth of his intents without bluff or deception*

“The alliance has benefited the drow more than the grey ones. Xas, to this decree alone usstan does naut wish to destroy dost quellar, just keep the city safe”

*Shadows stop. The shade is stunned*

“Very well, usstan will inform dos of any plans that the Illharess d’Dev’lin informs me of that would break the Alliance with the Duergar, in exchange for my freedom on the Prime Material Plane. Agreed?”

“Agreed with one other stipulation. Dos will scribe me a scroll of ‘Mass Blindness’ Publicly, that will be the reason why Usstan has brought you back to the Prime. The eyes of the masses must be appeased, and usstan thought this spell most appropriate”

“Done!” *Shadows bounce about violently, slaming against the confines of the warded summoning circle before flowing back into Raye’Kan, forcing him, binding him into the stated agreement*

*Vin’del steps up to the edge of the summoning circle, careful not to break it’s magic and tosses a blank scroll within the wards*

*Forced by the magic of the binding, the shade pulls out his quill from his bag of holding and quickly inscribes the spell*

*Raye’Kan then steps to the end of the ward and offers the scroll*

*Vin’del says” Bella’dos *as he reaches across the wards, accepting the scroll and breaking the summoning circle*

*Shadows fly out from Raye’Kan Dev’Lin tearing with rage at the remains of the falling warding spells*

*quietly and without emotion* “free once more . . . “

*As the room calms, Vin’del addresses Raye’Kan, speaking as if he were already the Archmage of Szith*

“Bweal, dos should start to look for masters of the other schools or at least candidates. Sorciere has too long been stagnant”

“There are fearn of my quellar, one or two might be ready for such a position,” *Raye’Kan answers* “Usstan can look into it”

*Turning to leave the shade says with a sly fake smile*
“Usstan should attend to my qualler. Bella’dos for my return”

“Usstan does naut want us to be enemies, in fact dos would be a much better friend” *Vin’del seems to have trouble with the word*

*Raye’Kan stops and turns*

“Abbil?”

“Abbil” *Vin’del answers*

“That can be a dangerous word” *a fake chuckle* A mercenary is fond of calling me that, though Usstan have never said it in return”

“So usstan knows,” *Vin’del answers* “But Usstan sees that sometimes it is better to have them. Being a jaluk is dangerous too *Vin’del smiles*

*Remaining careful and cold*

“Aluve’ Jabbuk M’elzar Vin’del Kor’ali”

*The shade bows, as he fades from sight*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crushed in defeat!   

Back to top Go down

Crushed in defeat!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1