Szith: Drow City of the island of Elben Aator, a NWN2 PW set in the Forgotten Realms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Szith: Drow City of the island of Elben Aator, a NWN2 PW set in the Forgotten Realms

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
OOC Discussion
In Character Events in Szith
The Accademies
Arach Tinilith
Sorcere
Melee Magthere
Affiliates
Elben Aator
Noble Houses
Morbb'dalharen
Dev'lin
Kor'ali
Mercenary Bands
Dek'za d'Velven
Old House boards
House Mori'hyanda
House Morcane
Fallen House boards
Zau'rahel

Latest topics
» Cadence.ET.v13.10.100.Linux
Reform Arach-Tinlith Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:54 am by 

» Cadence.CONFRML.v13.10.100.Linux
Reform Arach-Tinlith Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 5:52 am by 

» Cadence.ASI.v16.62.000.Update.Only.Linux
Reform Arach-Tinlith Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 4:37 am by 

» Cadence.ADW.v16.60.015.Linux
Reform Arach-Tinlith Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 3:34 am by 

» Cadence SPB OrCAD 16.60.018
Reform Arach-Tinlith Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:28 am by 

» Cadence MMSIM v13.1 Linux
Reform Arach-Tinlith Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:23 am by 

» Cadence MMSIM v13.1 Linux
Reform Arach-Tinlith Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:23 am by 

» Cadence ASI 16.62 Win64
Reform Arach-Tinlith Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 11:07 pm by 

» Building for s New Server
Reform Arach-Tinlith Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:41 pm by Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 168 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:15 pm

Reform Arach-Tinlith

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Olor'tyrr

Reform Arach-Tinlith Empty
PostSubject: Reform Arach-Tinlith   Reform Arach-Tinlith Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 2:13 pm

I think the current Arach-Tinlith is not as good as it could be, granted that it is still in development, but I still think we could create a better frame to work upon.

At first, they way I interpret the current system, is that once you've done a few tests, kill a surfacer, hold a ritual etc, and got a certain lvl, you get a promotion. From Yath'abban to Yathrin to Yath'allar. With that comes certain responsibilities, responsibilities that aren't checked upon the least nor followed up. Anyway, this is the current system, and I think it works wrong right from the start.

Here, I'll list the things I think is wrong, add suggestions, and finally, propose a final suggestion.

1.) The Ilharesses have automatically been promoted to Yath'allars because of their rank and level. This is wrong, in my opinion. As you can read from the description on the current system, Yath'allars are the highest interpreters of Lloths will, and can at rare times overrule even the ilharesses on strictly religious matters.

How can they do that, if they all are automatically of the same rank? Answer: They cannot. Conclusion: Yath'allars loose one important thing of their status.

Suggestion: Denote every Ilharess to the rank of Yathrin.

2.) Vilmathian has stated to me that the reason for levelinclusion, is that it would be silly to have Yath'abbans that can cast Implosion, and Yath'allars that can't cast Animate Dead, and hence the lvl restriction.

Again, I disagree to a point. There should be a minimum requirement of levels to get a certain rank, but the way the current system works, is that once you get a certain level, you automatically get a certain rank. This, is very wrong in itself, because it kills immersion when the Yath'allars are more in numbers than the Yathrins and Yath'abbans combined, as it is now!

Suggestion: look at 3.)

3.) We get a Pyramid system. This means that we've a restricted amount of Yathrins and Yath'allars depending on the combined amount of clerics available.

Since Vilmathian wants to do statistics on all at Arach-Tinlith, this shouldn't be a problem to keep up with. This will mean the following:

* Not everyone will get promoted, you've to work for it (and hence you're more liable to take on the responsibility given)

* We'll automatically get IC tension and competition between the clerics, as it should be between drow. Competition mainly, for your superiors favor as well as ultimately, promotion.

* All ranking members will be respected, because they're few, and have worked to gain that rank. Worked, as in roleplaying, plotting, caring for the temple etc, and NOT grinding.

* Disadvantage: There is the possibility still for having Yath'abbans that can cast implosion. I personally do not mind this. You can be powerful, but you need to climb the ladder to be something.

* We'll get a LADDER!!! No more automatic ranks and not caring about each other.

4.) We need tests, standards from which one can follow when tests is given out. This doesn't exist now, but it's in progress. Further, we need a common ritual standard. What is expected, some common prayers, some common sense and behaviour rules depending on rank on rituals. This, we do not have, but would greatly enchance rituals and ceremonies alot.

---
To sum it up:

* Denote all Ilharesses to Yathrins (they're still powerful members of the council and above Yath'allars in next to all issues anyway).

* Have the Ullath'allar look at the numbers and create a pyramid system, and decide exactly how many Yath'allars and Yathrins we can have in Szith. Rules should be that if we've 7 active clerics, there should be 4 Yath'abbans, 2 Yathrins, 1 Yath'allar.

That is, Yath'abbans should almost be twice the amount of Yathrins, and Yathrins should be more than twice the amount of Yath'allars. One can still climb the ladder, but to get that promotion, you've to take a cleric of a higher position down in one way or another (prove their incompetence, spread rumours, challenge them to a ritual duel, Assassination)

* Decide upon some common rituals and tests to ease these in the future.

All in all, I think this would really turn Arach-Tinilith up a few notches. I would go as far as to say that this is even required. What do everyone else think?

Regards,

// Olor'tyrr (Karond)
Back to top Go down
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

PostSubject: Re: Reform Arach-Tinlith   Reform Arach-Tinlith Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 8:05 pm

A lot of these ideas are good and I will be wighting up a new rule set update tonight to include some. Some of these ideas are going to need to be discussed though. Il'haressen are Yath'tallar's for one reason..that is what they are. Think of it like this in Ranks:
Ilharess
Yathtallar rank 1
Yathtallar rank 2
etc.

Il'haressen do not follow the order of the high priestess. Just look at the books, Baenre has like 12 HP including Triel, the Matron, in fact there is even a while where she serves as Ulathtallar and Matron for necessity sake. LOL, you try telling Vorne, Drenn, Ash and Mas'Zhara or even Mas'Futo (don't even know how to rank her in the temple she is def. a hp) they are no long high priestesses, lol.

Seriously though keep in mind I can not strip established characters of there rank it would not be fair. All of the Il'haresses should considered HP before this began and should retain that rank. Same goes for current Yath'tallars

The Yath'tallar can overrule the Il'haress yes. This is in lew specifically of house ranking and needs to be edited. THis is do the the Il'haress's more political nature. She is still an HP however she has political duties as well. The house Yath'tallar of the house manages the Yath duties to the house. If the Il'haress makes a political move that could lead to Lolht's disfavor the house Yath'tallar may step in. The Il'haress though still HP must use some of her focus on running the house politcly and may at times loose her way. The Yathtallar is there see this does not happen. Much of my ruleset needs to be edited, please bare with me nothing is final and I have lots to do still. A lot of it does not read right either and needs to be corrected expect to see the new version tonight.

Quote :
Again, I disagree to a point. There should be a minimum requirement of levels to get a certain rank, but the way the current system works, is that once you get a certain level, you automatically get a certain rank. This, is very wrong in itself, because it kills immersion when the Yath'allars are more in numbers than the Yathrins and Yath'abbans combined, as it is now!

This again can not be helped do to established player base as far as ratios go. The only thing that will help ratios is for people to stop making female non-clerics, which again we can not expect people to do. Currently there is no set lvl to be any rank it specificly says "about lvl 10" or about lvl "21". So currently for example Olor'tyrr could get ranked as Yathrin at a lower lvl then Talice did if she could get Vorne or Talice to blood her, and then Vil to test her. Talice played till about 15 or 16 before receiving her rank, it took her a few days to complete her mission. I thought this to be rather high lvl to be receiveing the rank this could not be helped though. I want to get it so the houses no longer do there own bloodings and have it done by the Yath in general to get the process moving faster and more efficiently. Should be done by the academies in the first place. It will be in the general academy proposal I am working on. (blooding should be academy graduation ceremony)

Your pyramid system is great but again, no one is going to accept demotion. I can't demote any established chars unless they ask for it or are demoted through assassination.

Further more I am finding it difficult to get all Yath players on this board. We need to get more of the Szith community here in general, I believe this will happen through the academies and we need to start telling people about it In game, many people simply don't know.
Other people like Anya have many real life things going on and are busy. Anya I met when Vil was first lvl and I just found out she is still not blooded into her house. Anya's player is a great rp'r and truly one of Morcanes shining stars, but she is not on much. Should she not get to Yathrin in her house because she can not play much? Should I make her do all kinds of Rp an spend the little time she has to play working towards something she should already have, just doesn't sound fair. The pyramids system is the idea, but unfortunately due to current player base will not be able be applied.

I will have updated ideas up tonight. We can keep discussing here, hopefully other will join to talk about it.
Back to top Go down
https://szithcity.aforumfree.com
Olor'tyrr

PostSubject: Re: Reform Arach-Tinlith   Reform Arach-Tinlith Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:42 pm

Solution:

Keep current ranks, get a pyramid system, and as new players arrive, adjust accodingly to be more in line with the system.

The advantages with a pyramid system instead of the ability that everyone can take a test and become a rank is several:

* It gets us IC tension and competition (a true ladder!)

* It means ranks MATTER, and gets respected.
Back to top Go down
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

PostSubject: Re: Reform Arach-Tinlith   Reform Arach-Tinlith Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:28 am

Ok rules have been updated to version 1.5 (yup fifth version, and I will keep revising, probably even once fully integrated).

I took ideas on the Pyramid structure, however I came up with an idea that will have a similiar effect to the Pyramid. The idea allows for the current yath player base (those I have listed and I think I have everyone) to retain ranks and allows us to build in a more realistic manner. Basing our structure solely on numbers will not work for several reasons.

1. Limit of clerics
2.established ranks
3. people have limitied play times in most cases and can not be on all the time to compete for a position that that should be more achieveable (the Yathrin). The new ideas solve it.

I have placed the ascencion form Yathrin to Yathtallar to be based on numbers slightly in order to achieve the fact that it should not be easy to achieve such no matter what route is taken. I figure its like this, Lolth would grow angry if the number of priestesses was limitied, but would want the number of drow High priestesses limitied as she would not choose just any drow to be such an important servant.

Also made it so all bloodrights for the Yath are done by Arach Tinilith. This will help with bloodrights and player availability.

I have also altered the rank of the Il'haressen and Valsharess in the temple.

Thoughts, suggestions?
Back to top Go down
https://szithcity.aforumfree.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reform Arach-Tinlith   Reform Arach-Tinlith Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reform Arach-Tinlith
Page 1 of 1