Szith: Drow City of the island of Elben Aator, a NWN2 PW set in the Forgotten Realms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Szith: Drow City of the island of Elben Aator, a NWN2 PW set in the Forgotten Realms

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
OOC Discussion
In Character Events in Szith
The Accademies
Arach Tinilith
Sorcere
Melee Magthere
Affiliates
Elben Aator
Noble Houses
Morbb'dalharen
Dev'lin
Kor'ali
Mercenary Bands
Dek'za d'Velven
Old House boards
House Mori'hyanda
House Morcane
Fallen House boards
Zau'rahel

Latest topics
» Cadence.ET.v13.10.100.Linux
TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:54 am by 

» Cadence.CONFRML.v13.10.100.Linux
TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 5:52 am by 

» Cadence.ASI.v16.62.000.Update.Only.Linux
TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 4:37 am by 

» Cadence.ADW.v16.60.015.Linux
TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 3:34 am by 

» Cadence SPB OrCAD 16.60.018
TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:28 am by 

» Cadence MMSIM v13.1 Linux
TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:23 am by 

» Cadence MMSIM v13.1 Linux
TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:23 am by 

» Cadence ASI 16.62 Win64
TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 11:07 pm by 

» Building for s New Server
TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:41 pm by Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 168 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:15 pm

TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY

Go down 
+4
Eandy
Vilmiathien
adzling
Death Shard
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Death Shard

Death Shard

TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Empty
PostSubject: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:27 pm

I think ist bull with all the house leaders and her never logging on.....If your not going to play on regular bases you should not be able to hold the position. its crap that someone can claim a title and never play!!!!

If you cant play it cause irl stuff then dont that is why the szith is not functioning right!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
adzling

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:01 pm

vorne *cough* vorne

but you are right she was a hang over from the days that morihyanda ruled szith with an iron dm hand. most of those left when their privlidges were revoked but she stayed on somehow.

well that is probably an incomplete accounting and skewed from my own personal perspective....

seriously though drow rp and presence has dropped off consderably since the korali/ devlin feud boiled over, something that the valsharess is meant to oocly prevent/control (at least that's the rational i was given for even having a valsharess in szith).

so yeah, can that chick and promote another...or better yet get rid of the spot entirely; if menzo didn't need it szith don't neither...
Back to top Go down
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 5:27 pm

Basically the way I see it is this...I have not seen Feeney for quite awhile and when he was around he seemed to be on as his alt Jane Red a lot.

This makes her naming someone else or being assassinated very difficult, though it is undeniabley needed....many times I have had things placed in my lap that should have been covered by her. As Ulath'tallar I am supposed to be second in command, but jeeze!!

I have thought about just claiming it and killing her when she comes back, but I like what I am doing with Vil now and that would change if I did so....
Back to top Go down
https://szithcity.aforumfree.com
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 10:57 am

Upon thought, Adz is right...we dont need one.
Back to top Go down
Eandy

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 8:27 am

Well, I am up for it, feeny is not that on as she used to be, however, Valsharess is more of just IC title than something with real ruling power in Szith.
You can say that she is not seen in the streets of Szith much because she have more important errands to do. I am sure that if you PM feeny asking about some IC event which would include Futo, you will get positive answer.
Anyway, I would just like to clarify that Morihyanda did not rule Szith by iron DM hand, thats common prejudice and throws bad light on Mories in general, judging them as some DM pets. I agree that there were few DMs in our ranks, but they started as players and been promoted to DMs by hard work and supreme RP(like any other player which became DM), not because simply being Morihyanda.
And as one of the most ancient active Mori members nowadays, I can tell that I have never experienced any DM favoritism towards Mori personally.

oh and btw, this is my first post on this forum so hey eveyone :-) *waves*
Back to top Go down
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:08 am

Well if someone wants to step up to the plate.....
Back to top Go down
GenocideMode

GenocideMode

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:44 pm

I must say now is not a time for a valshress now is the time to setup up house order. Its my understanding that theres a valshress to controll the armies of Szith....well there isnt even house orders yet, how do you controll the armies if there isnt any?

I admit I been away from a wile but wasnt my fault just asl IKE Smile
not sure of the RP behind this but been trying to get cought up.

I say we focuse on the Acadimes and the houses first then worrie about a queen bee later.

As far as the DM favoret thing goes ill just say it was there some of the Corrupt players in the moris house that got luck enough to be bounced to DM are gone now and hopefully they will not return as DMs. Im ending this here

welcome eandy.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Otyugh

Mr_Otyugh

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 6:01 am

Sounds like good plan for new Valsharess if the old one is inactive. Also all the inactive academy positions and all, get Szith to be once more up and running like it used to be.

About Mori favoritism crap... "If you really want to see something, you see it... one way or another."

- Someone received punishment for breaking rules, but instead of seeing it as their own fault they see it as Mori'hyanda favoritism.
- Some bad idea did not receive DM backing up... it's seen as Mori'hyanda favoritism, instead of yet another idea that shouldn't have DM backing up.
- Many DMs happened to play in Mori'hyanda. If RP lead them to have characters there... doesn't sound like favoritism... them being DMs they handle matters impartially anyway. DMs are chosen because they are trusted... simple and plain.

Give me even some real reasons why Mori'hyanda house was favored and I might be willing to believe it. For what I know people just like to say it without having a real reason.

The way I see it... that whole crap was one big excuse reason and hit below belt since DMs own credibility is questionable so why would someone listen to them and if Mori'hyanda players would say something to it... oh wait.. people already saw them as favorizing.

But meh, believe what you will... I just happen to be naive and believe that the ones getting to be a DM has one quality above those that aren't chosen... they can be trusted.
Back to top Go down
thefeeny

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 4:33 am

The role of Valsharess has always been available to anyone who wanted to do more with it than I.

I have not logged in to TFR for 2 weeks for personal reasons.

Prior to that I was on every day for almost two years - later more as Jane, but Mas'Futo made an appearance nearly every day too - and usually stood about in Szith twiddling her thumbs for lack of company Smile

In my time as Valsharess, I made so many appointments for events, regular this that and the other - every single one of them failed at the second gathering - one lasted three attempts I believe. All failed because of player turnout. I assure you the Valshares was at every single event she promised to attend!

As to why I played Jane so much of late - well, in RPing the Valsharess correctly, she cant exactly go out on patrol now can she? Futo had not taken a single level since the MOTB expansion came out- RP only - and thats really hard to do on your own!

The past 6 months in Szith (maybe more maybe less) have been the least fun in my time as drow Sad Sad, but thats how it has been!

I love playing Futo to bits - it really is a highlight for me - but it doesn't work without positive inentions from everyone. If they aren't there I find it hard to play the Valsharess.

Edit: And I should point out that I have not received a single PM from anyone that i havent responded to - and not a single PM in the last 6 months about drow issues - other than one from Rizzen who was seeking promotion Smile
Back to top Go down
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 1:11 am

I always thought Mas'Futo made an excellent Valsharess, and every time we rp'd together I had a lot of fun.

Yeah, things really slow to a crawl when you are just hanging around the city, I have done it myself many times, it does get sad. Though there were many reasons for this, and things are beginning to look up. Genocidemode was correct in that we need to focus more on the houses and academies to stimulate rp and bring the population back to where it should be. Thus far..it has been working. Mori'hyanda is now back up and running with full sails again, Dev'lin has basically been reborn and Kor'ali is beginning to grow again. I have been giving classes in Arach Tinilith on Sundays and the Yath is beginning to grow. Rizzen has also with the tower on Saturdays I believe and has done much there to stimulate things. With the current DM plot line things are sturing up a even more.

I think the problem was with all the internal OOC struggle that was going on behind the scenes between the houses. That has faded along with much of Szith itself, but with all 4 guilds up and running again things are looking a lot more promising. Tomorrow should be a big day, and if there was anyway you could be there for some of it Feeny that would rock.

From now on if I find an issue I will PM it to you. I recommend others do the same.

On a side note, I see no harm in the Valsharess, venturing out of the city. I see where you are coming from with that and in truth, neither Vil or any of the Il'haressen would be venturing out much either. For example, Vil technically would be at work all the time and rarely leave the temple, unless visiting another house or some major event. Our patrols would normally be conducted by academy students and a few masters as part of our training, unfortunately the player base does not allow for this. So I do go on patrols from time to time, it's better than sitting there doing nothing all the time. Vil looks at it as, if you want it done right, do it yourself and often leads patrols or joins up with some of the Il'haressen for a jaunt through the caves to ensure Lolth's domain is clear. Smile Besides the rp on the field with the right group can prove a lot of fun and being in charge allows you to steer to an rp/grind rate of your choice making it not so monotonous.
Back to top Go down
thefeeny

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 8:16 pm

If we want to nominate a regular time to hold "court" in Szith, I will be there (assuming y'all are happy with me as Valsharess!).

I will stick to the schedule until 2 weeks running with no-one other than I in attendance (should this occur) or - if I am unable to attend, will nominate someone to stand in my stead.

Is this acceptable? If not, what are other propositions?
Back to top Go down
adzling

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 10:01 am

i would like to propose some changes to drow lore & mythology to reflect the realities of playing on TFR.

as vilm notes above many of the higher ups in the acadaemies and the houses themselves (ilharess anyone?) would almost never leave their houses/academies and almost never ever leave szith.

given the realities of playing on TFR and the much smaller size of szith compared to a traditional drow city (it's more like a large outpost) i think it would be beneficial to post some explicit changes to the way drow society works in regards to szith.

my first suggestion is:

1). given the small size of szith academy heads and the heads of houses often venture out of their respective intstitutions to effect the world around them.

here's another more controversial one:

2). given the small size of szith an outright house war would be devastating as there is not a large stable of lower houses to take the place of an upper one that falls/ is defeated. In szith house war is VERY rare and hasn't happened in recent memory.
Most challenges to ranking/ positioning is settled through political or otherworldly means (direct petition to a representation of lolth).

anyhoo what do people think of continuing this thread regarding differences between szith drow and the drow cities we are all used to reading about?
Could help resolve some of these inconsistencies we come across all the time.
Back to top Go down
GenocideMode

GenocideMode

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 11:46 am

The Feeny
"If we want to nominate a regular time to hold "court" in Szith, I will be there (assuming y'all are happy with me as Valsharess!).

I will stick to the schedule until 2 weeks running with no-one other than I in attendance (should this occur) or - if I am unable to attend, will nominate someone to stand in my stead.

Is this acceptable? If not, what are other propositions?"

Sorry feeny I wasnt implying you were not good at what you do, you are very good and know how to RP a good valshress. I was mostly trying to state why whould the valshress even want to be seen in szith if theres no armies/house to controll, thats her job right?

Your one of the older players I know and one of the best, I hope that once every thing gets back in order in szith your still around to run the valshress, youll have my vote
Back to top Go down
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 8:04 pm

That's a good topic Adzling good idea for another thread.

As far as the Valsharess goes, Sundays are best for me, before or after the Yath'abbanen and Vilm have there rp session. Just about any weeknight is good, after 6:30 pm GMT -6 (CST). Of course I can not promise I can make everyone, RL calls sometimes, but I will be at most of them.
Back to top Go down
adzling

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:38 am

im pacific time but if we have a posted weekly szith center rp session i will attempt to make them as much as possible
Back to top Go down
Sorn Dev'Lin

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 11:54 am

As the Head of House Dev'Lin I don't really see the need for a "Valsharess". Their involvement as The Feeny has basically stated is very limited and is a role that we can have the High Priestess of Arach Tinilith fill as she is the "Voice of Lolth" in the city.

On the subject though... I think not only is it time for the Valsharess... but perhaps EVERY position in Szith to be renewed. I'm not saying that the current holders of these titles aren't going a good job but participation levels have changed. Anyone seen Radra lately? How can the VDVM be run if the person isn't on? Since we're rebooting the Houses, all of them have new Ilharessen, why not restructure the whole city. Its not as though there are that many positions that it would take that long.
Back to top Go down
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 12:00 pm

I have nominated Korvales Dev'lin as Master of Melee, and we can further discuss at the first meeting there is no need for Sorcere or Arach Tinilith, both are running smoothly and improving. VDVM could use a revamp, has anyone tried to reach Radra? I will try sending her a PM.

EDIT: Sent Radra a PM, her last post here was on the 28th, not to long ago. My guess is she has just been busy with some RL stuff lately.
Back to top Go down
Sorn Dev'Lin

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 12:24 pm

That is good to know. I am glad to hear that she is around. The only reason that I mentioned overhauling all of the positions is due to activity. Some people may still log on from time to time but it'd be nice if they were playing the characters involved in the city. If not perhaps it would be best to hand the title over to someone else. That was the case for the House Dev'Lin and I assume the case for many of the other Houses as well.
Back to top Go down
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 5:56 pm

Radra did respond to me, has been busy with RL stuff like I thought. If we need Radra for anything feel free to PM Eek_a_mouse on this board.
Back to top Go down
GenocideMode

GenocideMode

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 6:06 pm

Glad to see you becoming active on the Szith boards Sorn, hopefully your ppl will as well.

As far as you wanting to hold a spical class for the Dev Lins, I dont mind as long as it doesnt interfear with the timing of the other classes in the tower.

Welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Sorn Dev'Lin

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:35 pm

No special classes or anything of that nature. I want our House to become part of the whole city... not set apart from it. Thats why I contacted you with a tell in regards to the layout of Sorcere. I knew that it was your realm and wanted to go to you to help get some answers. I posted more messages in the specific forum perhaps we can discuss further details there on the matter but I certainly hope the members of my guild will join me. I know alot of people just don't like to interact on message boards. Luckily I can access them from work Smile
Back to top Go down
GenocideMode

GenocideMode

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 4:36 am

Ok I must of misunderstude you, though you were wanting to hold a class just for the members of your house.

"I want our House to become part of the whole city... not set apart from it."

Well them this is different, the next class will be held by Celith this comming Saterday I belive around 12PM CST, im leaving that up to him send this is his first class hes heading and trying to become a instructor of the tower.

I suggest you see who can attend, this will be a good way to intergrat your ppl back into our realm. And im more than willing to talk further in detale if need be.
Back to top Go down
Sorn Dev'Lin

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:24 pm

One of the problems that is easy to come across in this sort of thing is lack of availability on the timing. I will do my best to ensure that some members of my guild attend but real life issues can stand in the way. I don't feel they should stand in the way of their ability to establish themselves as members of the city. That is one of the reasons why I was talking about holding some classes in Sorcere myself. I hope we can discuss some means of offering students other alternatives to attending a particular class at a particular time. Perhaps setting up "homework assignments" for them to complete. Attain such and such a component and bring it to so and so IC. Thanks for letting through the door.
Back to top Go down
thefeeny

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:40 pm

FYI - busy overseas in Europe for a short while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY   TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIME FOR A NEW VALSHARESS SERIOUSLY
Page 1 of 1