Szith: Drow City of the island of Elben Aator, a NWN2 PW set in the Forgotten Realms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Szith: Drow City of the island of Elben Aator, a NWN2 PW set in the Forgotten Realms

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
OOC Discussion
In Character Events in Szith
The Accademies
Arach Tinilith
Sorcere
Melee Magthere
Affiliates
Elben Aator
Noble Houses
Morbb'dalharen
Dev'lin
Kor'ali
Mercenary Bands
Dek'za d'Velven
Old House boards
House Mori'hyanda
House Morcane
Fallen House boards
Zau'rahel

Latest topics
» Cadence.ET.v13.10.100.Linux
A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:54 am by 

» Cadence.CONFRML.v13.10.100.Linux
A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 5:52 am by 

» Cadence.ASI.v16.62.000.Update.Only.Linux
A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 4:37 am by 

» Cadence.ADW.v16.60.015.Linux
A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 3:34 am by 

» Cadence SPB OrCAD 16.60.018
A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:28 am by 

» Cadence MMSIM v13.1 Linux
A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:23 am by 

» Cadence MMSIM v13.1 Linux
A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:23 am by 

» Cadence ASI 16.62 Win64
A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 11:07 pm by 

» Building for s New Server
A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:41 pm by Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 168 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:15 pm

A Big Change

Go down 
+7
Qilintha Dev'Lin
vald
ReapermanAUS
Vornrak
Vilmiathien
Syclia
GeeFresh
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
adz

A Big Change - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Big Change   A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:43 pm

vilm you're absolutely right.

it's been so sad for me because tfr was my first PW and it was such an amazing and active Drow hub of rp when i started early least year.

i was just so happy.

and then the shit hit the fan, the dms turned their backs on us, and eventually i left for greener pastures.
Back to top Go down
GeeFresh

GeeFresh

PostSubject: Re: A Big Change   A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:48 pm

Hmm... this is where there is possability for change now. Sorry if I seem like I'm ranting to every reply guys but I'd like to get everything out in the open.

DM's should be available for events, plots, etc but they should not impose policy in respect of how we RP which they currently do very well under a non-interferance policy.

The problem comes when a particular player or group uses a DM as a wepon to manipulate a sitaution to thier advantage. We were acused of this in Mori several times and although I can't think of a specific occurance I agree that house loyalties may influence a DM's decision. The Same thing happened against us however with the reconing and when the BS got to it';s height they realized this and stepped out of the ring.

Since this point DM's have become warey of getting involved in house business and no one wants to touch us incase a new s**t storm starts and they find themselves in the middle of it.

We need to change how we act first then things can get back to how they once were
Back to top Go down
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

PostSubject: Re: A Big Change   A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 5:34 pm

Quote :
I agree that house loyalties may influence a DM's decision

My suggestion of DM houses would make this something that never happens, they would not have house loyalties, because they would not play in a player house any longer.

Anyway, the purpose of this thread was about Mori and Morcane. As far as that goes we can easily work together to come up with good rp reasons for it. It is not uncommon for one house to absorb another.

We could easily set up a plot with a chosen player to be the new Il'haress, they make that char, lvl them up and slowly take members of both houses under there wing, then we stage a huge Coup, and bam two houses become one new house and it would totally fit with Lore.
Back to top Go down
https://szithcity.aforumfree.com
GeeFresh

GeeFresh

PostSubject: Re: A Big Change   A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 5:42 pm

I know, and that is something we can work towards happening if it all goes well. This is just a second step in a long process being offered for thought at the moment, the how's and when's can be sorted out after the why's and why not's Very Happy
Back to top Go down
adz

PostSubject: Re: A Big Change   A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 6:02 pm

guys guys!

why not go totally old skool drow and have mori and morcane fight it out to the death, winner keeps the name and spoils of war.
All toons from losing house that want to keep playing them go over to the winner and change their name and become part of the winning house.
I would come back on the server to RP the death of celith just to help move things along.

could be a lot of fun....
Back to top Go down
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

PostSubject: Re: A Big Change   A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 6:16 pm

LOL, offer him carnage and he will return!!
Back to top Go down
adz

PostSubject: Re: A Big Change   A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 6:32 pm

har!
gimme the RP AND carnage!
Back to top Go down
GeeFresh

GeeFresh

PostSubject: Re: A Big Change   A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 7:01 pm

Well, while I am up for a royal rumble (mainly because I'd kick everyone's arse Wink) I think we should stick with a new house and not one absorbing the other for reasons previously mentioned in this thread.

Yes for RP purpose the strongest should always be the top of Drow society however things are a little different in Szith unfortunatly. Would you like to see some power gaming noob who has never held a conversation depose Vilm? That would harm Szith more than I could imagine in the long run when all the work she has put into the server is swept away after one fight.
Back to top Go down
Syclia

Syclia

PostSubject: Re: A Big Change   A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:09 pm

There is a Val'sharess in town, right?

Perhaps she could decide to take matters into her own hand and start her own Val'sharen house?
Back to top Go down
GeeFresh

GeeFresh

PostSubject: Re: A Big Change   A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:38 pm

Well, no currently active Val'sharess at present but depending on how things go with this if it goes ahead there may be some position jostling and moving around. Two Illharessen is never a good thing Wink

I've just started a war with Dev'lin though so we'll see how alliances and things work out from that. lots of things to work out first.
Back to top Go down
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

PostSubject: Re: A Big Change   A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 1:23 pm

HEHE, what war, drow houses do not go to war, people just start disappearing......
Razz
Back to top Go down
Qilintha Dev'Lin

Qilintha Dev'Lin

PostSubject: Re: A Big Change   A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 4:09 pm

Lol yep, we've got a war on our hands! I've made a post notifying Dev'Lin, it's just a case of working out some of the kinks, including rules, with Pau.

We've already started but currently forbidden any PvP until we say 'go'.

I'll put my post on the general forums, for Dev'Lins (they have a tendancy to look here rather than our forum). Plus, anyone able to view this might not be so confused as to how it came about Smile
Back to top Go down
Death Shard

Death Shard

PostSubject: Re: A Big Change   A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:49 pm

My Gosh you people make alot of posts in a day *wipes sweat from forhead after reading* Well then i think thats a good idea to elimate one house to make it five...ya five : new house (Mori'cane lol), Kor'ali, Dev'lin, Dek'za, Rahn. Its perfect cause 3 houses in szith = a tie breaker.

Now i think the blooding event will give all new players the chance to choose the houses they want after say have it twice a week at odd times. We as Szith Bind the strongest of the shebali (players that start) to our houses for higher dark purposes. The shebali need to be suduced before bloodings to make them favor joining thier house. Gold or items or even bedded to aid thier quest in nobility. Those playing nonLlothian drow beware for Lloth kills her rivals on the spot.

Three houses to keep suspiscion around and chase the heritics to the other two. The drow teamwork i see vs mining surfacers i think needs to keep up. As for the combining of the two houses i say lore move to a new faction removing the two leaving the newer houses and thiers with thier queen in the new mori house....to say returning players return to find the houses they left now gone. Yes mori may have made szith but where are the origional players now. I met the one that made morcane he didnt want his guy back he joined dev'lin to start anew for dev'lins large at the time player base why? for the shear fact that its time for change. I say im down with it we dont need a dm house or nothing we jst need a surfacerplaying dm assigned to the underdark cheers
Back to top Go down
buck

PostSubject: change   A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 7:06 pm

ok, responce for reaper, yea dekza would like to pick up some of the strays that dont have a house but i am selective. That said i think for my own interest it would be cool to see the houses fight it out, the loosers either integrate into other house or join mercs band which is pretty realistic. right now most my time ive been unfortunate making sure surfacers are not mining which every night i run into at least one. i would much rather be involved in a war.
Back to top Go down
NawenM

NawenM

PostSubject: Re: A Big Change   A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:50 pm

I think a Mori/Morc merger could work. It would take some time, however, to have char names changed and to make some changes in rank, as to who will be in what position. I do agree that 4 houses in Szith may be a bit too much; 3 houses could accomodate the regular drow noble player base just fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Big Change   A Big Change - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Big Change
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Szith: Drow City of the island of Elben Aator, a NWN2 PW set in the Forgotten Realms  :: OOC Szith Discussion and Lore :: General Discussion-
Jump to: