Szith: Drow City of the island of Elben Aator, a NWN2 PW set in the Forgotten Realms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Szith: Drow City of the island of Elben Aator, a NWN2 PW set in the Forgotten Realms

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
OOC Discussion
In Character Events in Szith
The Accademies
Arach Tinilith
Sorcere
Melee Magthere
Affiliates
Elben Aator
Noble Houses
Morbb'dalharen
Dev'lin
Kor'ali
Mercenary Bands
Dek'za d'Velven
Old House boards
House Mori'hyanda
House Morcane
Fallen House boards
Zau'rahel

Latest topics
» Cadence.ET.v13.10.100.Linux
A plead for RP Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:54 am by 

» Cadence.CONFRML.v13.10.100.Linux
A plead for RP Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 5:52 am by 

» Cadence.ASI.v16.62.000.Update.Only.Linux
A plead for RP Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 4:37 am by 

» Cadence.ADW.v16.60.015.Linux
A plead for RP Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 3:34 am by 

» Cadence SPB OrCAD 16.60.018
A plead for RP Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:28 am by 

» Cadence MMSIM v13.1 Linux
A plead for RP Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:23 am by 

» Cadence MMSIM v13.1 Linux
A plead for RP Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:23 am by 

» Cadence ASI 16.62 Win64
A plead for RP Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 11:07 pm by 

» Building for s New Server
A plead for RP Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:41 pm by Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 168 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:15 pm

A plead for RP

Go down 
+10
vald
BladeChill
Daggoth65
Kethri
quizzt
Vilmiathien
Death Shard
Raye'Kan Dev'Lin
Rayner
GenocideMode
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GenocideMode

GenocideMode

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:29 am

Hello all just had a convers with DM Ilsensine.

About the serious decline of RP in Szith

If we all start PMing DM Ilsensine our thought and Ideas about RP, events, plots and story lines.

He said he will become more active as a UD DM but needs our help.

Iv seen several new drow faces in Szith now and theres no one there to greet them or give any RP.

I make a plead to the TFR: Szith comunity to come together and put fourth an effort to help bring back Szith!

Have a nice day,

Rizz sunny
Back to top Go down
Rayner

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:36 pm

I understand what you are saying Rizzen. I moved my starting point from Szith to Qo's because it was a ghost town. Please, when you see me on, send me a tell and give me a port back and I will always be more then willing to stop what I am doing and go back. I do what I can when I am around, however when no one is In Szith I don't hang around.
Back to top Go down
Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:21 pm

I am sorry that I've not been around as much I I might want to, got a good job right now, and it takes up most of my time and energy. I'm still here, I just can't be a main focus character due to RL. More than happy to be on and RP with those folks I can find, just sorry I can't do it more for the time being. In about a month in a half it looks like I will be having more time.
Back to top Go down
GenocideMode

GenocideMode

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:19 pm

All were asking for is your thoughs and ideas for RP events and story lines, you dont even have to log into the game just PM them to DM Ilsensine on the TFR boards.

I hope you do get some free time I do like to RP wth the shade :-)
Back to top Go down
Death Shard

Death Shard

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Lets look at it this way....I know who the dm is.....but i never seen him on....i know what toon he plays...but never see him.....im on all weekend every weekend and im expected to tell someone who is "rarely" on my plot ideas.......Where is the rp in szith.....oh i know its all those drow turned surfacer. I dont play surfacers thier lame and ill have no part in it. Ive been on this server for a year now and i hardly know anywhere on the surface. I say you all dump yer lame as toons on the surface cause "your" the one declining rp....Most know i just stand in the circle. Ive been known as the homely drow cause i dont go nowhere.Why do i stand in the circle? To Power rp..... I say we need a dm "Who Constantly" Logs on or make someone dm...Someone who want to help but never is around is not gonna help..... i can talk all i want about it too.....whens it gonna happen? .....Blight is the only real ud dm!
Back to top Go down
Death Shard

Death Shard

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:17 pm

You know what realy grinds my Gears? Dm = Dungeon master....that mean you run plots.....i know like 5 dms that "never" dm......i say revoke them since they "only" play thier toons. pale

Ya most drow have left to the surface thanks to THE ONLY DM CYTALYST
Back to top Go down
Death Shard

Death Shard

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 2:35 am

Im sorry i might have came off a little peeved at first at having to pm a dm over a website and not stuck to the original topic. All my plots will be pmed in game.
Lets start with presence. Presence could just be little stupid crap just saying to drow player base yes i am watching you. Having very long plots are not always a good thing. But showing each player a Dm is there randomly is a good idea. This is what i think will pick things up.Making each player know or think a dm is watching them. WHen i say stupid crap i mean like a random ambush, tiny plot, a lizard loose eating drow in the ud for a day only.I know this post is a extremly good idea. The best times ive had were the meaningless random dm attention. Run the big plots behind. Someone to give cytalyst some compition and hopefully throw off people wanting to gather on the surface since thats what the dm i see on focuses on.
Back to top Go down
Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:58 pm

// I can understand your frustration Death Shard, ironically some two years ago the situation you are presently annoyed with (surface DM attention compared to perceived UD attention) was exactly reversed. Players often complained about the "drow DM's"

In the end, it seemed to come to a boiling point, and many of the DM's left due to complaints and hard feelings. The best suggestion I can offer is to please try and remember that the DM staff are people/players too, some young and in school, others in their 40's with families and real jobs. I appreciate the frustration, lord knows I've been there and been bitchy about it, but let try to be more constrictive (like the suggestions in your last post above mine) //
Back to top Go down
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:26 pm

I would like to add that we are players, we should not be the constructors of plot lines. We further them, and develope them, but all in all it is the DM's job to run the plot, not the players. I am not telling any DM's my plot ideas anymore. I will tell them this right here and now, you guys are DM's come up with a plots yourselves and it will fix all problems in Szith.

More to come later
Back to top Go down
https://szithcity.aforumfree.com
GenocideMode

GenocideMode

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 7:06 pm

ok I see where this is going. . .
Back to top Go down
Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:37 pm

*sigh*
Back to top Go down
quizzt

quizzt

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:17 am

i have tried to copy the behavior of pau and vil by just standing in the circle and trying to get the new kids to rp. But it looks sometimes as if they are afraid. (guess they should be Twisted Evil )
But since this topic came up i will do my best even more and try not to level my lower chars What a Face
Back to top Go down
Kethri

Kethri

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:43 am

I'd be afraid too. the last 2 nubs I saw approach the circle were sacraficed. Sometimes I wonder if some of the people who make new drow understand what they are getting themselves into Laughing .

Last edited by Kethri on Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daggoth65

Daggoth65

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 3:02 am

I'd love to see some kind of real RP but honestly, all i see is either Epic People standing around in the circle for no real reason or a bunch of nubs i run into who all end up on the surface or quitting with drow whiten a week
<,<
Back to top Go down
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:57 pm

That is because DMs do not run true drow involved plot lines in the server. Many of us playing epics sit in the circle with a hope to create player driven plots, but with out having access to a DM client, and not having DMs stirring plot lines on a regular basis, creates a stale, boring environment filled with valiant efforts by many players to stimulate better and more engaging rp, but simply do not have the power to go beyond cheesey emoting for NPCs there should be DM's controling. There is also no DM truly playing Lolth so priestess chars, like myself and Pau have to basicly make up what Lolth wants and does not want, based off of our experience with drow instead of having DM's play there parts as the gods.

My char, is the highest ranked priestess in the city, next to Pau. As Ulathtallar, she should have as close to direct communication with the goddess as any drow, more even. However, in all the time I have spent playing on this server as Ulathtallar, I have only communicated with a Dm controlling Lolth or her minions in an IC perspective once.

From an OOC point me and Pau should be in much more direct communication with the server admin to help further drow plots and what the admin feels to be Lolth's current desire, orders, wishes what have you. We have lacked this greatly.

In the admin’s defence they have worked with us, but on very small levels, no where near what is required to run Szith properly. Szith itself requires a small team of DM's who's job is simply to run Szith, period. I know many are against this, but take it from someone who played D&D for 20 years and has been playing PW drow in NWN since just after NWN1 released its last expansion, heavy DM involvement is critical to running a drow community.

Lack of proper admin involvement concerning plot lines, proper running of Lolth (Szith's true ruler), and a lack of DM ability among the admin. Yes I have been told by DM's that other DM's will not DM drow because they lack the mental capacity to understand the workings of drow culture (and I put a lot nicer than the way they said it). Much of this I blame on Hari, he needs to spread his administrative power out a little more, allow more DM's to set up for there own teams in player communities to run plots. Better organization is the key, they say they have it, and they may, yet it must not be that great, because we never see it as players.

I have not been in much as of late, been kind of taking a break since I lost my internet connection (it’s back). I get sick of doing DM work, I’m not a DM, managing a board is one thing, Rping being an evil tyranical leader is another, but leaving all of our plots upto the players because most of the admin will not touch us, gets incredibly annoying after a time. It takes away from the fun we should be having rping, and does not give us the fun we would have if we were Dming and actually had the power to run our plots the way they should be run, with all involved having fun, and that does not mean involving surface players. No offence to any Surface players reading this.

Those few DM’s that have, I give you props, but you are few and far between, unfortunately you do not work together, and you are not organized. I will say this, if I was a DM on this server, I would run On going story lines, giving people tools to build there rp on and increase there emersion, and I would try to pull the other team members together to work as a true team, not this sad parody we bare witness too whenever we log in.
Back to top Go down
BladeChill

BladeChill

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:52 pm

Last edited by BladeChill on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.dekzadvelven.darkbb.com
vald

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:39 am

well i mainly do admin now and im working on the new drow house, that and the fact that i'm getting burnt out myself as well all i get from players lately is basically telling me that i am a piece of shit as a dm/admin making me just want to hang up my dm had and say the hell with it, i work my ass of making areas and tailoring them to players needs and wants and all i get for my troubles is players insulting me and showing me no respect at all. you are also forgetting the blight that came 2 szith i have ran that in sith latest 6 times at different time frames, and the plight plot continues across the island for both drow and serficer, i do have a life and family myself you know and cant be everywhere at once
Back to top Go down
Vilmiathien
Admin
Vilmiathien

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:52 pm

Vald, you are one of the few who does anything, but just the fact that you do not differentiate between admin and DM jobs shows the lack of proper organization in the admin, there should be people that do one or the other, not both. It takes away from what that member (yourself in this case) wants to do. It also takes from the player base, DM should be running plots, builders should be building and testing. Not doing both, when they do both, they are left with the choice, do I DM and work the RP to make more fun for the players? Or do I build and give the players more to RP with? When either is chosen players and the member of the admin making the decision looses out on the opposite question. A properly organized server administration would not put this choice upon its members, and not put either on it's losses. If the reason this is done is because a lack of DM numbers...well players don't choose DMs, only one person actually chooses DM's and that is another issue that covers the whole server, not just drow.

We know you can't be everywhere at once Vald, the point is you should not feel that you have to be. The problem is not with you Vald, but with your peers, and the way the admin does things as a whole. In truth, you are the only DM I have seen try to do anything truly built on drow rp, besides the prophecy event, which I do not truly consider a plot, because there was no real story line, just a lets go make the drow players kill surfacers so they have something to do, and then only one of us (the Dm who ran it, don't remember who) has to do any thing and not for any long period of time!! Maybe that will shut the drow players up for a week or two! A pathetic attempt to mask the admins lack in ability to create a well thought up and engaging drow plotline.

Me and as far as I know, no one else here is ragging on you. You are the only DM I saw actually try to run an on going plot that at least involved the underdark. You also seem to have a good feel for setting up strategy situations, like you did when we were hunting Razlo, to bad the other players didn't get situation with the wards you gave us ...that would have turned out really cool if they did, could have been some good engaging rp. My complaints are geared more towards the admn as a whole not one specific member. The bottom line is, the admin of this server needs to organize better, problems like, players bitching, DM's stretched thin, DM numbers, and streamlined DM/Player interaction.

P.S. Watch the language please....
Back to top Go down
Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 2:55 pm

Vlad -
I'm sorry if I've done something or said something that has added to the stress you are feeling from these situations. I hope I have screwed things up in some way, but I can be pretty obtuse like any other gamer I've ever known *chuckle*
Anyway, I am glad that you let some of the steam blow off here in your above post, frankly I had no idea that you were running the major 'blight' plot-line, let alone building a new drow house (for the morcane/mori merger I'm guessing). More power to you, I've built and submitted areas about a year ago and it's not an easy thing to do, and would be willing to try my hand at more, but never heard anything back from Hari on it, so assumed it was either not up to par, or more likely, Hari was just to busy to deal with it and it fell to the side.
But that is neither here nor there. I guess the point is, the folks who do appreciate DM's and builders are not as vocal as the complaints, personal or otherwise, and I can understand why seeing "fix this" and "fix that" followed by "I want" over and over again doesn't make anything easier.

I hope you don't end up throwing in the towel, because I do feel we need you, surface and underdark.
Back to top Go down
Daggoth65

Daggoth65

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:51 pm

I'd love to have a nicely thought out drow event, in the 4-5months i've been playing here i've seen 2 actual 'events' one being that thing with lolth that basically left Szith empty the other being a few days ago with a huge party of Epic's with two of us low lvl's

it was a fun change of pace to standing alone or burning Skelly's but all i wound up being able to do was follow from behind and pick up loot ppl missed as they charged threw the underdark slaughtering stuff <,<

I'd like to see an event for something less than epic levels, because right now it seems to have the feeling that its impossible to be included with anything before gaining epic levels short of just jogging around behind picking up scraps

v.v'
Back to top Go down
IDStewart

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 7:53 am

Not to be a nay sayer or anything, but I have really enjoyed the RP in Szith to date, from the jalukul in the market, to interactions with the various nobles (most notably those of Qu'ellar Kor'ali; without exception, you guys rock!) to the ongoing "service" of our two Duergar PCs.

Maybe I'm too new to fully appreciate how much things have improved in a short span, but I have found the immersion and intrigue to absolutely addictive, and exactly what a drow city should be!
Back to top Go down
Shriae'dia

Shriae'dia

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:16 am

House kor'ali has started several plots unknown for the public at the moment. I really would like to involve other houses, but havent seen any other matron or female in power yet except Nandra. If you want to do something send me a tell and Shriae will find an IC explaination to involve you.
Back to top Go down
Ba'al Kor'ali

Ba'al Kor'ali

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:35 pm

Shhhhhhhhh Dont tell anyone that Kor'ali plan to take over the world !!!! Razz BTW I'm saying sorry for every players that are careless about the DMs... Seriously without them .. TFR would be boring as hell since lots of Plots/Events running at the same time.... I dont mean that the server is not cool... But fighting an Earth Genesi Player in the UD that the only RP thing he can say is *LMAO* Welll Good job on the IC hehehe Keep it up Vald just need to relaxe more Smile
Back to top Go down
Death Shard

Death Shard

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:14 am

should have soz by next friday or so scratch
Back to top Go down
Kethri

Kethri

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:02 am

Quikly Talice, you're holding up progress. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A plead for RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: A plead for RP   A plead for RP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A plead for RP
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Szith: Drow City of the island of Elben Aator, a NWN2 PW set in the Forgotten Realms  :: OOC Szith Discussion and Lore :: General Discussion-
Jump to: