Szith: Drow City of the island of Elben Aator, a NWN2 PW set in the Forgotten Realms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Szith: Drow City of the island of Elben Aator, a NWN2 PW set in the Forgotten Realms

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Navigation
OOC Discussion
In Character Events in Szith
The Accademies
Arach Tinilith
Sorcere
Melee Magthere
Affiliates
Elben Aator
Noble Houses
Morbb'dalharen
Dev'lin
Kor'ali
Mercenary Bands
Dek'za d'Velven
Old House boards
House Mori'hyanda
House Morcane
Fallen House boards
Zau'rahel

Latest topics
» Cadence.ET.v13.10.100.Linux
Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:54 am by 

» Cadence.CONFRML.v13.10.100.Linux
Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 5:52 am by 

» Cadence.ASI.v16.62.000.Update.Only.Linux
Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 4:37 am by 

» Cadence.ADW.v16.60.015.Linux
Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 3:34 am by 

» Cadence SPB OrCAD 16.60.018
Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:28 am by 

» Cadence MMSIM v13.1 Linux
Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:23 am by 

» Cadence MMSIM v13.1 Linux
Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:23 am by 

» Cadence ASI 16.62 Win64
Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 11:07 pm by 

» Building for s New Server
Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:41 pm by Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 168 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:15 pm

Ulathtallar

Go down 
+8
Valas
Raye'Kan Dev'Lin
NawenM
Death Shard
DM_Shadow
Shriae'dia
ombra
ReapermanAUS
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ReapermanAUS

ReapermanAUS

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:49 pm

////Ok heres what was proposed and denied due to player dissent

That Talice become Uthataller since her position was just filled with a new one and Uthataller was vacant so with two iltharess there and Talice/Death shard having the appropriate credentials (Cleric of lolth lvl 9 spells) and the experience and the Knowledge of Szith Lore and the will to play the position (after only a short absense in terms of server stability and players to play with in the UD) Was voted in as Uthataller then alot of players went on to the "talk to dm shadow" channel at 4 am my time and decide thats not right and a DM should fill the position (which the old time players know never works as these main position need them to be active as their player alot both player/Dms in these positions failed to do anything as their players after they became DM.

Well Vilm logged in now and then but no where near often enough (sry Vilm dont shut down the webs site here please) And melee has had no active rp other than 2 classes that when only 3 turned up for the third they were canceled and never resumed have a look at the date here on the site of last classes,

I can understand this because when I was Master Of Necromancy many times it was just me Rizzen and horKrafter the duergar mage that showed up (sometimes they didnt show) and id get up at 6 am sunday morning for those so yeah the whole class thing might never work with set times lol.

But I digress I know some of you out there think this is democratic society but its not and Szith isnt run by the Dms its always been player driven Two itharese out of 3 is a Majority voted Talice will be made Uthataller unless someone else is going to step up with the credentials to do the Job we dont want to wait for those that need 10 more lvls or some other reason.

If you want to be another candidate for the position you should post here with your credentials (Cleric lvl and god with appropriate domains in your character sheet) if there is anyone else who wants the position that is other than Talice we will have the dms have some sort of test to see who knows more about the queen of spiders and Szith lore then the Matrons will vote again (since we wouldnt want some new player starting a war with our allies due to too little knowledge of Szith lore and the diff between us and say a Large city like Menzo.)

Last edited by ReapermanAUS on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ombra

ombra

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 5:03 am

I don't know why you have to open 3 threads on this matter Reaper.
1) that this position was temporary DM run had been said on the old forums by DEVs weeks ago.
2) when you named Talice Arch Priestess it seemed strange that this suddenly changed but when I pointed this out ooc you said ooc that DMs agreed with the nomination of Talice. Well I want to remark that that appeared to be a lie from what Shadow told us in the meeting and this is really a despicable behaviour.
3) it is not up to you to organize or nominate a new Ulathtallar. There has been no voting you just named Talice Ulathtallar through the Matron Kor'ali you just made up and informed everyone else of your deed. Nandra said she had nothing against it. No Dev'Lins leaders were online to speak their opinions. Sorry but this is definitely not the way to run things. We are many players so this should be discussed OOC first as we are doing now, you can't just name Matrons and Arch Priestesses whomever you like and when you like.
Back to top Go down
ReapermanAUS

ReapermanAUS

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:38 pm

////////////Well I think we will have to get Shadow to comment on this but when we asked shadow he said (and this was when Talice was logged in) that it was up to us (being the korali and Morb guild leaders which in a council of three is a majority ) ratified Talice who would then not be apart of any house and was not a blood korali just a player returnig after we put up with a Year of constant crashs and the only real dm activity (other than harrasment for underdark players) was when Songspider became dm but the server was still just too unstable to play, Then you and others went on to the talk to a dm and had Shadow go back on that so he asked me to make a post giving others a chance to Nominate themselves which I did above and you start telling me I dont have the right to do it and you say you dont have vendetta against, me it sure seems that way.
Back to top Go down
ombra

ombra

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:17 am

ReapermanAUS wrote:
Then you and others went on to the talk to a dm and had Shadow go back on that.

You're making up things. Shadow said at the meeting that these positions would be DM run, without anyone speaking about it. I then asked if he didn't approve of Talice since his words seemed surprising since you claimed ooc that he did, and he asked who is Talice. We (I am not the only one) are only trying to tell you what has been told us (NOT what we have requested) at the meeting that you couldn't take part to. For the records I spoke in favor of a player run Ulathtallar at the meeting, but the DM and the others agreed on the contrary. But this might have been part of my wicked plan of personal vendetta against you... muahahahaw ! Watch your back Twisted Evil

PS: I haven't seen Talice after that evening, can we have candidates that are active please ? Shriae is a good candidate IMHO.
Also, Death Shard hasn't posted in this thread as a candidate.
Back to top Go down
Shriae'dia

Shriae'dia

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:13 pm

Quote :
Shriae is a good candidate IMHO.

thx but I have to disagree. Referring to her background she hasnt the divine power or influence to become mistress of Arach Tilith. She is still only a yathrin although she has plans to change this.
Back to top Go down
DM_Shadow

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:04 pm

To all involved in this argument.

1) I don't appreciate hearing my words twisted.
2) If you don't want a DM to play Ulathallar then figure it out IC'ly and actually RP it instead of putting one in place overnight.
3) I find it terribly dissapointing that you all cannot keep this IC.
4) I will NOT take anyone's side on this but I will say play it out IC or don't play it out at all.

Beyond what was said at the meeting which is what one side of this knows this is what was said by me.

"Well we spoke of the Ullathallar position at the meeting and it was decided unanimously that it should be played by a DM at least for now, But if you feel that strongly about it try to put one in place throgh RP But the Matron Mothers will have to have a say or vote on it"

To be honest with all of you I don't really have a problem with Talice being Ulathallar if the Matrons vote that way, But it is not something you can vote on in tells then just implement overnight. This is like the supreme leader of Szith in times of war we're talking about. Beyond that my words are being twisted little bits here and little bits there by both sides.

And also I did ask Reaper to post something here if he did wish to try to RP finding an Ulathallar for Szith because I felt as if some of you felt cheated by the way things went down with this Talice situation.

DM Shadow
Back to top Go down
ombra

ombra

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:23 am

I only hope that this RP isn't done in a manner of 2 hours one evening, that it is done by the interested (candidate) player and not by his house mates, and that hence to do this the player must actually log in the game.
Back to top Go down
ReapermanAUS

ReapermanAUS

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Update   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:40 am

At this point looks as If Talice has gone another way (that will be rped out in game)which is cool oh and you just missed Shard when you logged on Just then, but we still need candidates so those that want the position should start Rping towards it Remembering Lolth with 2 of her domains and 9th lvl cleric spells as a Base requirment RPing the position and in this case since it most likely wont be a Iltharess who has established rp here for along time it will need to be someone who Rps themselves into the position (meaning gets at least 2 of the three Iltharess on their side through rp.
Back to top Go down
Death Shard

Death Shard

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:09 am

Indeed reaperman i have decided another action. when i claimed ulath'tallar it was for there isnt one .....yet ...I describe myself as a Preiestess with a special mage ability in a certain arts of Lolths liking for i have one of her domains. Ive already been declared a Yath'tallar(highpriestes having 9th lv spells and balor suming "Required to be high priestss") and raised many from yathabban(yathrin in training till they are "tested at lv 7 required") so one needs to step in it hasnt been that long since i logged in all day but a month ago there was no one and now im back i needed to seize power somwhere and if i kept up the rp it prob would have happened. But well have to see about where songspider stands ill ask him now but the ulath tallar is out of the question for now for me
Back to top Go down
NawenM

NawenM

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:55 am

Hey Talice, good to see you back in spite of this little squabble over who will get to play Ulathtaller right now, heh. Regardless of if a player plays the Ulathtaller or a DM does it for now, I think we can deal with it somehow. As of this post, I'm not sure what the situation is with who is Ulathtaller, but I'm sure something can be worked out.

A number of UD players just came back not long ago from playing elsewhere; lets not let a squabble over something like this screw things up, alright? We have the new Szith coming, new low lvl durgar areas. If it wasnt for the new server admin/DM team, the new Szith coming and the new low lvl duergar areas, TFR would be in an even sadder state right now.
Back to top Go down
DM_Shadow

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:53 am

I just want you all to know that Ulathaller is not at all out of the question, its just that I would like to see it achieved so to speak. I mean firstly as we talked about in the meetings would it not be nice to take this new large player base of drow and fill your houses make them thrive in this city, then once they are filled find great RP'rs to fill positions such as this. I mean think about the RP with all the new players having the chance to get to the point of being able to try for it, it would make achieving the position all the more realistic ((and possibly rewarding)) for the person/persons who try. I do not want to hold a position in Szith, personally I lack the knowledge as of yet to even try to do so, however I have spent alot of time and effort in trying to pick up the bits and peaces of lore and legend I need to help make szith fun. On that note I want to thank each and everyone of you who stood up for me when the job I was doing was being questioned. And I am very happy to see that our meeting accomplished what it was suppose to, at the end of the day I'm your DM for as long as I can be and the only way I can learn is from you all which is why I had the meeting in the first place. Please feel free to ask to talk at or after any sunday meeting your opinion's are important to me as well as your knowledge and understanding of all that is goin on.

DM Shadow
Back to top Go down
Death Shard

Death Shard

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:21 pm

sound cool shodow good plan....ive been here on tfr since before this board was made i only play drow and have on nwn1 and here bout 7 years now. When dms didnt care for the drow we made up alot of our own rules taking in the fact that some have to bend to acomidate some players i have extensive knowlage being up to date with the books even though tfr isnt (lady penitent books) which in the least is not a bad thing anything you need from me shadow you got it !!!! Nice to see a dm period....
Back to top Go down
Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:46 am

Talice is now back to being Ilharess Kor'ali, Ulathtaller will be staying a DM character, just like the Prince of Fae Saile
Back to top Go down
ReapermanAUS

ReapermanAUS

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:52 am

////Gildren you really should read the whole thread before posting as DM Shadow says above it will be a player position again when someone does the appropriate rp and has the right credentials and is willing to hold classes and other temple rp. So not Like the Prince of Fae since it has never been and isnt likely to be a player position.
Back to top Go down
Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

Raye'Kan Dev'Lin

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:08 pm

Ulathtaller was played by DM SongSpider who was Vilm, And before Vilm, it was Mas'Futo, another DM, and for now, the role is still being handled by a DM. Can you let this go and look to helping build up strong relationship between the Szith houses in order to promote a strong drow community and leave the position of who gets to declare what house is in Lolth's favor and what house is not (thus destroying it and any player character the person behind the Ulathtaller has a issue with) out of a player's hands for now? Cause all this seems to be doing is driving the one DM that is actively trying to help the drow community growing into not want to have anything to do with being a DM anymore.

After a few months time, once Szith is proven stable, then revisit this issue.

Cause frankly all the arguing over who gets to be the first house, the ruler of Szith etc just make me want to not log in, let alone try and fix things or build new areas for the community to play in. The exact same BS that has killed Szith over and over and over again.
Back to top Go down
DM_Shadow

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:18 pm

////Don't worrie I'm not leaving, But I think that Ray is right this topic needs to be dropped for now. But I would like to let you all know that I will not be naming the order of the Houses though I have come up with a way to possibly IC'ly decide this without a DM having any part in it ((other than making some announcements and helping set it up)). I will continue to solidify this idea before I decide weather or not it will be carried out.///

DM Shadow
Back to top Go down
ReapermanAUS

ReapermanAUS

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Well ok then dont bother trying to rp yourselves into the position peoples its DM run only ,I wash my hands at anything to do with the temple let alone trying to get players to try for positions. As too who rules I dont want that to be an issue I Like it the way it is cause the whole house order thing also causes players to leave .

And you know as well as I do Vilm was Uthataller long before being a dm and played the position far too little after becoming dm to make it a viable choice but Im sure when theres a Dev'lin that want the position It will be revisited.
Back to top Go down
DM_Shadow

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:47 pm

Reaper I'm sorry but this was a majority decision. I in no way said that it will not be a PC position EVER nor did anyone else. All that the majority of szith is asking right now is to allow time for the Houses to reform, I understand how you may not like this but all i'm asking is for you to give me a chance, I have given no reason for any of you not to trust me, Even the person you suggested was very receptive of this idea. So basically please just give us some time, Once the majority of szith feels ready the DM will step down and allow for the position to be filled through RP. This was a majority decision that was made at the meeting, I'm sorry you could not make it and I will take the time of the meeting into consideration in the future.

DM Shadow
Back to top Go down
ReapermanAUS

ReapermanAUS

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:20 pm

Three posts ago I said that Talice wasnt after the position and that those that want it should start rping their way into the position As you suggest no rush no one in mind for it just putting it out there and the Raye says basically the opposite and you go along with it as I said wash my hands at it. Was only trying to get people to start rping stuff in the temple but seems no one wants that for now at least.

Or as I said before Raye Really needs to read the whole thread before posting and making me look like an idiot.
Back to top Go down
DM_Shadow

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:19 pm

Well i'm sorry i'm just getting a bit confused because of the fact that I was asked to find a DM to play Ulathallar for this event. But if you really look at the situation, both suggestions are one in the same, just because it won't be an available position right now doesn't mean that players cannot RP and work toward obtaining it. All that it means is that it will take some time to earn which to me, this position sounds like it should take some time to earn and putting a single player in it should not be taken lightly. I'm sorry for the confusion that I seem to have caused but I think your both talking about the same thing and thinking of it differently.

There is nothing wrong with starting to RP the training/desire to be in this position considering the time it should take to earn this honor.

DM Shadow
Back to top Go down
ReapermanAUS

ReapermanAUS

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:40 pm

Which is what I said the way Raye was putting it it was a DM position so no one would have bothered. I can leave it to others now anyway since there are three iltharess now.
Back to top Go down
ombra

ombra

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:14 am

my 2 cents:

1) I'd like to have a ulathtallar player myself because this figure is responsible for coordinating the yath, holding lessons for yath'abbans, naming yathrins etc, and a DM simply can't do this but it is an important part in the roleplay of Szith. The problem is that the Ulathtallar has the power to say who has Lloth favor or not ? Nope, sorry this isn't really a problem. We all saw at the meeting who plays Lloth, it is DM Shadow hence it would still be a DM to have a say on who is in favor and who is not.

2) It's not like any other position has been roleplayed properly lately... "don't bother roleplaying" applies to pretty much anything currently, if a DM has to take a player away during roleplay to convince him OOC to step off his current position, making up some roleplay thereafter that isn't even worth the definition of roleplay, because a PvP fight of a level 30 char vs a level 22 char isn't roleplay, because other house Matrons shouldn't have a say on stuff inside a house, because a high priestess rebelling to her matron without the matron having any power to call for her subjects isn't roleplay, because inventing "ritual" names that don't exist in Drow lore isn't roleplay, even if it has been used in the past on TFR, because a matron that has been missing for months of real time and returns claiming that the underdark is hers, that guards respond only to her command and so on isn't roleplay, and I will stop here because I think it is enough. Bottom line is maybe someone roleplay their arse off to get to become Ulathallar, the day after Vilmiathien comes back and is given back the title through some ooc caveat. So I say in general it's not worth to roleplay for positions if people who quit from a lot of time without ETAs on comeback, whatever is their reason, are entitled to come back and pretend nothing happened meanwhile, both from a IC and OOC point of view. Now you're asking to wait and give time for this position to be filled but when it was about Matrons everything was rushed in a crappy ooc manner. I for one will not rp for any position until the mentality and approach on such things doesn't change and roleplay and activity are rewarded instead of using and rewarding metagame and powerplay/pvp.
Back to top Go down
ReapermanAUS

ReapermanAUS

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 5:11 am

The problem with 2 is you didnt see all the rp Talice did to consolidate her power , this included Korali alliance with the duergar King and his Mercenary clan .Dekza D Velven contacts in Qos and also conferances with the other two Matrons of Szith all backed Talice. in future this could change but Zorne didnt consolidate her power quick enough and wasnt in position that long but she is first Daughter now and maybe will rp herself to Illtharess one day and wasnt that what you wanted all along Fillipo. Since you complained all along no rp was done to make her matron you seem to complain about anything any Korali does Im glad you are someone elses problem. And just so you Know Talice didnt go to Vin and the others she saw were not any of mine infact I had 0 to do with the take over by Talice I told both to Rp it out and Talice logged in every day after she knew that there was a new Iltharess until she rped with all the major UD players , Just because you were not there and they didnt think IC posts of secret meetings would help keep it IC and Secret I think now its a finished rp you may see some posts. Depends on the players not every bit of rp sees the light of day so to speak
Back to top Go down
ombra

ombra

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:46 pm

Yeah, I know what was roleplayed and the last thing you can say is that I was not there. Of course you can make up that Death Shard logged in every day after he first showed up again (which means 2 weeks ago, as a reminder), you can claim that Death Shard logged in Autumn when there was none else (we don't wanna know how can you claim it if there was none else to witness it), you can claim whatever you want for what is worth; you can maybe deceive people that just came back but not those that have been playing the last months. You can claim that Dekza d'velven, which is one character that plays a surfacer and that logs in his drow only to roleplay those 20 minutes these situations, that he has any influence in Szith, the duergar king don't get me started, overall if you roleplay like this yeah, you can claim to not only own the underdark, but the whole Abeir Toril. And yes I complained that a Matron was made OOC because such problems would arise and we would have Matrons made and deposed every two weeks because they'd not have earned any respect, so I don't think I'm being incoherent, if anything I was proven right. Now I complain because what has happened isn't remotely realistic and is against drow laws to disrespect in public your matron and such a behavior can only take you to the altar, but as a sacrificial victim not as a Matron. So the next time I think I can question a Matron because I have favor of Lloth, I spoke with the Troglodyte and Troll Kings, I own the underdark and all guards answer to me and me only, and it's not my problem if you were not there to witness it.
Back to top Go down
Valas

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 3:14 pm

calm down calm down...

i'm not happy with the whole thing.. so there is much soace for improvement =)

but i have to say about Talice and the rp:

-she did rp it, yes Reaperman is right there.. with my characters i've met some characters ic which indicated that Talice is preparing for war (also that dek'za member)

-but also yes the rp was rushed.. almost all preparerations and the battle happened within 1 day... not giving the player of zorne a proper chance to react and prepare on his own, which is not fair play in my opinion. On the other hand it was fair to post in some forums that talice is preparing something.

I wish that deathshard and Remmic had spoken to each other setting up a QUELLAR MEETING (giving all active house members a chance to be present) with a preperation time like 5 days.. where the battle could have taken place...

leaving space for assination rp try.. backup.. brining allies.. and so on

not nessecarily ending in pvp to deicide position.

i just wish for an active ilharess, so i am fine with talice now but lets do things better in the future =)

Lars
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ulathtallar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ulathtallar   Ulathtallar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ulathtallar
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next